USAF T41 / CESSNA 172 By Minicraft

G

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy guys,

Well, between work and suffering through allergy season, I have been able to complete another model.

This time, it is Minicraft's 1:48th scale cessna 172 model converted into an USAF T 41 trainer. Actually, the conversion was just a matter of not painting it bright colors like you would normally find on a "skyhawk", and the use of USAF markings from my "left over decal box".

Anyway, below are photos of the original kit art work, then the USAF T41 and the model.

Have a good day,

Greg

11635.jpg

41atlau.jpg

View attachment 15425

View attachment 15426

USAF T41 CESSNA 172  1.JPG

USAF T41 CESSNA 172  2.JPG

B

Bluewavestudios

Greg,

Hope you are keeping well...allergy season ...?? Hayfever...?? as we call it here. I used to suffer chronic with it from 13 years old but not anymore thank god !!

Excellent work on the model there, it's almost like you Photoshopped the Original onto a new background.

A very true likeness and a very nice scale model too !!

Regards......Mark.

B

Bunkerbarge

Hi Greg we have missed your postings recently. I hope things are getting better for you.

It just goes to show how easy it can be to make a model your own by a bit of research and imagination rather than drastically hacking a model around to come up with an individual creation. Great job and nice to see it back on the 'runway'. :smiling3:

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Unusual colourscheme Greg,nice job.

G

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy guys,

Well, this particular version of this aircraft has always caught my eye. Its a "plain jane" version of an aircraft that everyone sees on a daily basis....although usually abit more colorful than the military trainer version of black and white.

I built a card model of the cessna 172 skyhawk sometime ago and even went so far as to recolor one to look like the one pictured above......then this minicraft model came along and there was no need for the paper version anymore lol. However if anyone would like a copy of the paper model version of the cessna 172 skyhawk, (black and white, no color or call letters on it), you can find it by clicking the disk icon here:

it is in .pdf format and can be painted as desired once assembled.

have a good day,

Greg

B

backonthecase

Hey Greg, nice job. Very good example of an odd model!!

G

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy Guys,

Thanks for all the kind words. I am currently at work and its 11:58 pm and not only am I on the computer, but also working on a 1:35th scale model of Tamiyas Patrol Boat River "Pibber" .

35150_Tamiya_Pibber.jpg

Anyway, the forum said that I hadn't posted in a while, so I thought I would thank ya'll and give ya an update on what I was working currently.

I will try to post some photos when I get it it finished. After the "Pibber", I will finish up the 1:72 scale model of John F Kennedy's "PT 109".

pt109.JPG

(I know, Greg doing ships? well, I have found that occassionally doing a model of a different type will help get you through "builders block".....something that I think I have gotten a slight case of recently working all these hours).

Have a good day,

Greg