V2 - Vengeance From Above

D

Daniel Horvath

Hi Allen very sorry to hear about the problem with Azimut ! I totally understand your frustration I have been in that shoes with panzerart! Only thing I can advise if you made the purchase with credit card or through PayPal then put a dispute in and you get a full refund because the item you ordered its not fully fit the description as parts are missing! I did it with panzerart and i get all my money back and its sound bad but i get to keep the items as well so its a win win! I hope this set back will not push you away from this wonderful project of yours ! Im really looking forward to seeing to come to life! If you have any questions about the dispute process let me know and I can guide you through it ! All the best regards Danny

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
l understand your frustration.... l always try to buy from shops and not online.. but unfortunately many resin kits are online "only"... for the moment l was super lucky and all the kits arrived on time and perfect... I wish you will get what you need... if you need any translation in french.. I'm here.
Have a nice evening
Greg

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hi Allen,
It's good to keep up with your build.
The build is coming along at a steady pace, and the roof proved no problem and looks the part. Shame about the etch with the fuel cans, I have never met that one before.
Azimut :sleeping2: , sent away to them over a year ago for a model, gave up after six months, swept the cobwebs off my nose and put a new candle in the headband and vowed never again.:sad:
Anyway keep up the good work and the spirits in the bottle full.
Cheers
MikeC.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Thank you so much Danny and Greg,

I Paid with a credit card and the order was split into two shipments. The first came rather quickly and the Hanomag SS100 and the LOX trailer came 2 months later as they had to pour the LOX trailer again. The SS100 is the Takom kit. With the first order, it was all there except the instructions for the feuerleitwagen conversion for the SdKfz 7. They emailed me a copy of them a few days later. With the LOX trailer. I was missing a leaf spring and a drain box for it. I can't understand what can be so hard about putting these 2 pieces in an envelope and sending them...

Greg, thanks too for the offer of the translation. They do seem to understand English pretty well though. Gonna mail them again in the morning and see what they say this time....

Mike, I have about € 300 invested in Azimut resin and I ain't about to give up yet. I'll get my parts if I have to walk to Paris and kick some butt. Thanks Sir and the build will go on come hell or high water...

Well, work calls in the morn, up in bed for me! Take care and thanks again guys…...

Prost
Allen

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Good luck with Azimut - I've heard of similar problems before. Saw them a few times at shows in the past and they never seemed very friendly towards potential customers!

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Hi Allen

Azimut!

Sorry to add to your woes, but I had a poor experience with a Pz IV A conversion too, paid 50 euro and they never sent the base kit it was advertised with, even after confirming they would send it, several times!

It fact Dragon released their Pz IVA, 6 months after I ordered and the conversion parts only, arrived the next week!

Still sat in the attic collecting dust.

I think every modelling forum has a thread of Azimut hates its customers!

Looks good otherwise Allen

Regards

Steve H

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Allen
Excellent work on the Maultier van body - really looks good. I am sure the jerry can difficulties will be sorted although certainly a problem you could do without. As for Azimut :angry: What I don't understand is that all companies rely on people coming back to them again and again. Giving good service is a real easy way to get people to do just that and it doesn't cost much. I needed a replacement canopy for my Eduard Spitfire. I emailed Eduard customer services. I got an immediate reply. They had the part in the post within a day or so and in just over a week I had the replacement part. All for free. Now I will feel much more like buying other stuff from Eduard and also I have mentioned their good service on this forum so others may feel like spending with Eduard. And what has it cost them - a stamp, an envelope, one little part and a couple of emails. Just makes such good business sense.
Jim

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Simon, Stephen and Jim, Thanks gentlemen for the support. It's funny, but at the SMC last year in Holland, I was looking for some Azimut kits for the V2. I talked to many dealers and most of them said the same thing. They wouldn't carry their products because most of them were missing parts and their customer service was crap to boot. I guess I thought I would get lucky with a large order. Jimbo is so correct about how easy good service can be. I will never buy anything from them again. I still won't give up my quest for the 2 parts, even though they are a breeze to scratch…….

On a much brighter note, my other little package arrived today for the project. It made it through in perfect order and is WOW to say the least!!! I give you...
IMG_1382.JPG
The tires are beautifully cast and finely detailed. Super thin flash and the 4 hubs too, but……………….
IMG_1379.JPG
The icing on the cake!!! So finely moulded and very thin attachment points on most parts. For the others, I have the JLC (Thanks Dzhon) to remove the stubs. Warpage is minimal, no air bubbles and the detail is incredible. The electric plugs even have pins in them. If I can build this thang together without breaking a piece (sausage fingers), I will be eligible for the "Modeller's Hall of Fame" for sure folks… The Steyr 2000A is also a happy camper once more!!!...

Mojovation is back up to around 95% and rising. A real update will follow soon and thanks again all you fine people for your support!

Prost (need a cold one)
Allen

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Jim - There is another resin company in Nancy, France and over 2 years ago I mailed the owner about a part for a conversion that was incorrect. It had the hinges on top, instead of on the bottom of each door. I was the first person to notice this since he had made the molds in 2007. He thanked me so much and said when he corrected the error and cast new parts he would send me one. I told him it wasn't necessary as I had used the part anyway and the whole kit was superb to work with.

At the end of May, I received an email from him asking if my address was the same and he was going to send me the corrected piece. I was floored with total surprise as it was now over 2 years later. I offered to pay postage and/or for the part too, but he said no. A week later I received a small package from him. He sent me the whole update set, not just the part. I couldn't believe it!!! Customer service and generosity above and beyond the call of duty. I can't say much more as the update hasn't been released for sale yet. It will be shortly.

Sorry for the long post Sir and I see Eduard is another company that believes in the customer and caters to him...

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Allen
We have recently had our front garden and drive renewed. It was certainly not cheap but the firm did a superb job. The boss said to me "It takes many jobs to establish a good reputation but only one bad job to ruin it" How true.
Great service from the Nancy company :thumb2:
That generator looks incredible. I look forward to seeing it put together.
Jim

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Hi Allen, sorry to read about the Azimut problems and subsequent mojo loss, hope they sort it out soon for you....
The generator looks very nice, have fun building it!:smiling:

Fernando

ps. great to read the mojo is moving in the right direction.:thumb2:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Allen

Not dealt with Azimut mainly because of all the negative reports I have heard about them on other forums. I am amazed they are still in business.

With reference to your Opel wheels are they solid resin parts or are they two resin halves put together creating a seam line? I refuse to pay such high prices for resin parts that come with seam lines. What's the difference to a plastic piece??

Any how the new pieces look wonderfully detailed and I can see how they managed to get the juices flowing again.

Look frward to the next update

Steve

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Jim - I really can't wait to build it myself. I had a cold one earlier and put it aside till tomorrow. I have started to clean up the tires though. They are sweet!

Fernando - Thanks so much my friend! I will keep up the fight with them and with the Mojovation shooting back up, The generator is going to be so much fun to build. It will take a while and I hope it fits just right in the Steyr 2000A...

Stevie - Yea, maybe I should have stayed away, but it's too late now. Resin tires for the Blitz and other WWII vehicles are cast as a single piece. They do have a stub that needs to be removed from the pouring, but the tread pattern is normally really good and cleanup is minimal. I, myself have never seen 2 piece resin tires that have to be glued together. The Italeri Opel Blitz kits and their Maultier all have rubber compound tires and after some years, they melt onto the rims. That's why I go with resin replacements. Also the rims in the kit have 6 holes and the later models all have 9 hole rims. The same is true with the Takom V2 kit. The tires for the Meiller erection trailer and the Hanomag SS100 are a rubber type compound and also melt the plastic rims. Once again, I will have to replace them with resin AM wheels too. The poor wallet...…………...

Prost
Allen

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Allen,

Good to see the mojo rising. That generator kit looks fantastic. Time to get those sausage fingers moving my friend. Looking forward to seeing this little gem come together

Reactions: JR
First Name
Andrew
Looking great Allen and I hope that the mojo continues to rise. We're all enjoying this one - please persevere!
Andy B

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Good Afternoon Rocketeers and Sea Foam Growers Around The World,

As Ozzy would say "Flying High Again"!!!...I have threatened Azimut with legal action if the prob is not quickly resolved. I will see what happens next week...

Joe - Still going places with that gun in your hand Buddy??? Only kidding. Thanks for looking in Sir and take a look out below. Hope you are well!!!

Andy - Thank you too my friend. The Mojovation is flying and I do hope that your life will soon be back to 100% normal and you can enjoy slinging glue again. Best wishes on the re-decorating too.

Cleaning up the Zündapp was such an easy thing to do. I have never had more fun with cleaning up resin parts. Only needed the JLC 4 times on it...
IMG_1384.JPG
As you can see, the detail is fine as wine! on the right , You can see the pins on the plugs and in the fine resin sheet are the plug covers for the control boxes on the left. The bottom of the Zündapp motor is also detailed and the tire gives you an idea of how big the motor is...
IMG_1387.JPG
So without any more Blah Blah, we broke out the Deluxe Rocket Max (thick) CA and went to town work slapping this thing together. And...
IMG_1388.JPG
The fit is great and it went together without a burp hiccup!!! On top of the cylinder head is a spark plug molded and all you need to do is glue wire or sprue to it and then It goes to the hole in the Magneto on the top left...
IMG_1389.JPG
The other side. You can see the spark plug a bit better here. The fuel line coming out of the bottom of the tank, with petcock is molded to the tank and goes to the carb just behind the air filter...
IMG_1390.JPG
Sorry for the blurry pic as the iPad went a little wild on me. Now it was time to see if it was all worth it...
IMG_1391.JPG
By the look of it, Hot Damn!!! We have a winner here and it's gonna be just what the Steyr needed...
IMG_1393.JPG
I'm not 100% sure, but the crank starter on the generator should line up with the side ventilation plate's crank starter hole. The generator was mounted on the skids shown and those were mounted on stands in the floor of the Steyr. Sorta like this folks...
Steyr 2000A- 01b.jpg
In this picture you can also see that there are no exhaust mufflers shown under the generator. The exhaust pipes exited the gen through the floor and to a muffler underneath the Steyr. You can barely see the pipe under the cylinder head in the picture...

That's all for now good people. Still lots of things to scratch and do and no broken pieces so far. Thanks for looking in and have a great weekend. More boring stuff to follow soon. You have been warned!!!

Prost
Allen

Last edited:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Mate,
I hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction, and trust it has not dampened your enthusiasm for this great build.

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Glad to read you've had an easy time with the engine clean-up Allen and looking at the photo there's enough to add after the resin is in.:smiling:
Keep it up and have a great week mate!

Fernando

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nothing boring here mate. The pieces you are using are wonderfully detailed. Look forward to seeing you work your magic with the scratchery. Permission to carry on:smiling3:

Of course you will have more time on your hands now that Germany are on their way home:smiling5:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
They are some lovely detailed parts Allen and some nice neat assembly. Hope you get a result from Azimut....Keep rolling and keep hydrated buddy
Si