V2 - Vengeance From Above

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Allen,
How did you know about my microscope???? I have only used it to paint figures up to this point. I may have to rethink this after seeing the results of your cabinet face... Really well done! The Mojo
Is with you.
Rick H.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
WOW the console looks really spectacular... WONDERFUL... I can't wait to it painted..

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Thanks so much Rick and Greg. The Mojovation is soaring over the clouds an...…………………………………………………….

We interrupt this post to bring you a special photo news flash from Rudy, The Headless Pointer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...……………..

IMG_1413.JPG
What could it be??? What does he mean???...………………………….
IMG_1415.JPG
The Parts, The Parts, We finally got the parts!!!...……….I've never seen Rudy so happy before*. Too bad it's so damn hot, we can't do anything with them (35° C)...On another note, look how much the postage cost to send them to me (in Euro)…….A tip of the cap to Didier!!!

Prost
Allen

* I've never seen Rudy's face either...

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Dude 1
The gods are smiling on you !
Great news, progress can start , hopefully the weather will let you .:thumb2:
Personally I think those bolt heads look right, unless you are comparing then to a photo .
Dude 2

Last edited:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Bout time!
LOX wagon here we come. Looking forward to some big time Mojo on the trailer and Hanomag tractor. Keep on keeping on!:thumb2:
Rick H.

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
AD

Glad to see that Rudy the headless pointer is keeping an arm out for you.... I’m dealing with some major heat here as well. Think I’ll skip the gin & tonic and put the rocks on my forehead to cool me down.. keep up the mojo my friend and keep it coming

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Allen, great to see that the missing parts finally have arrived.:thumb2::thumb2:
The panel is very nice, when painted it will be an eyecatcher on the Steyr.:smiling:

Have a great week and keep cool...

ps. Thanks for telling about the hotel, as I forgot to make my reservation too:upside: done now...
SMC behold:tongue-out3:

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Allen,
How are you, I see the build is progressing. I do like the panel and under a coat of paint will look even better. You know all those various sized drills you have, I put them to use, not only as drill but as the centres for instrument dials. I get some suitable copper wire, (nick it from next door, when their lights do not work they will never guess.....) and wrap it around the drill so that it makes a 'spring' shape. remove from the drill, take a stanley knife and cut down the length of the 'spring', all the loops will fall apart and hey presto instrument dials. if you need pics let me know.
Cheers,

MikeC.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Evening Gents,

I must apologize for the late reply to all you fine people. The heat wave is still killing us and work too. A trip to the Stammheim show on Saturday and a long time sifting through a box full of long lost pictures rounded it out and gave me my new avatar (That's another story). I have been doing a little bit of work here and there and the project moves on...

Greg, Rick, Mick & Jim - Thank you all for the continuing support and kind words. They are most appreciated!!!

Dude 2 - Thanks, and I am comparing them to the 2 pics I posted The second set on the back side look a lot better.

General Scott - Jawohl General!!! Aber, I have to finish the Steyr first and then I can do the trailer next. Still over 30° C every day though Bro!!!

Joe - You are so correct about the rocks!!! I haven't had a gin and tonic in years Buddy. I wonder if the still taste the same as I remember them. Mojovation is high and thanks my friend. I hope it's a bit cooler now over there.

Fernando - Hey my friend, I do appreciate it. Where did you make your reservations??? Are you planning on bringing something for the comps too??? Or are you sick of driving back home via Don Bosch and the traffic jams??? I'm staying in Riethoven...

Mike - Good to see you Mike and I hope all is well. Thanks for the tip and I have used almost the same method for making loops for other things. If it ever cools down, I can finally sling a little paint on it. I want to see how it looks too!

A few pics of a little progress over the last week. Not much, but it did take a while. I added the frame on the base and then the bolt heads to the back of the cabinet. I also made the roof that goes over this cabinet (forgot to take a pic)...
IMG_1420.JPG
Then I started to make the connections on the back. The oval piece is a rifle stock holder from the Steyr floor that I shaved off and the 3 connector covers are the feet from a Flak 36/37...
IMG_1419.JPG
After playing around a bit, it ended up looking like this. It's not done yet. I have 1 oval socket to add and the safety chains to the other 5 round caps...
IMG_1425.JPG
Moving on, I measured out the battery cabinet area and prepped the sheet for it...
IMG_1422.JPG
Glued it together and did a test fit. DOH!!! It was too high due to the hatch over the trunk that's molded in. Then came the attack of the razor saw once more…
IMG_1421.JPG
Did another test fit and found out there is some more mods to do for a better fit. I bought some Evergreen L, T and C angle strips in various sizes to construct the frame under the battery box. This is how it looks so far...
IMG_1424.JPG
Been going through my PE collection trying to find all the pieces I need for the latches on the cabinet. Everything is lining up good in the area behind the seats. The generator sits good and the cabinets too. Only the electricity regulator for constant voltage behind the passenger seat is going to take some time to scratch.
Steyr 2000A- 01c.jpg
I have some pieces for it and hopefully, the rest will fall into place!!! The cable reel frame will be easier now that I have the Evergreen. Thanks for the support and your patience. We can only hope for cooler weather, so one can get back to the table (bench) and go crazy on this. Now where did I put that funnel (like the one in the pic)…………………....

Prost
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Allen,
Coming together nicely so far...keep the Mojo turnin'&burnin'!!
Rick H.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Dude 1
That's some neat scratchery gong on , most impressed . Great feeling when it all come together .:thumb2:
Dude 2

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Hi mate, I'm staying in NH Best and yes I'm bringing something for the comp.:smiling:
Felt last year 1 day was way too short to enjoy it all.:sad:

More fine scratchery, looks very nice:thumb2:, the punch set looks very familiar pretty good for the price eh?
Take it easy my friend and hope it cools down soon for you.( again starting to go to the 30 degrees over here:rolling:)

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Cracking work on the update mate. You maybe melting in the heat but your modelling scales certainly haven't withered. Great stuff:thumb2:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Good Evening Rocketeers From A Somewhat Cooler Bamberg,

I could finally wear the optivisor without sweating to death this weekend. Wow, wonders never cease, huh??? So,

Paul - Thanks for your patience my friend and I'm glad you like the little stuff!!!

Mick - Yes Sir, sometimes it's like I have fleas! You gotta be scratchin' all the time and you are never done. Thanks!!!

Rick - Thanks my man, Mojovation is smokin' now that the weather has cooled a bit. This coming week is supposed to be even hotter! I just can't get a real break.

Dude 2 - Thanks John! Slowly but surely some progress is being made. Slow, but being made...

Fernando - I had thought that one day was too little for you last year. Where is NH Best and how far away from the show? I have a feeling I know what you are going to bring with you. Thanks for looking in and the first round is on me!!! Oh, The punch set has been doing a lot of work lately too!!! Be good...

Stevie - Thanks my friend! It's been hell with the heat of late. It hasn't damaged the will, but without being able to wear the optivisor, I'm worthless!!!

Well I actually managed to get some table time today. Yesterday, I spent a few hours riding around on my bike, going to different Norma stores in our area. They had some artist stuff on sale this week that I wanted. Norma is like Aldi or Lidl and popular here in the Fatherland. I managed to get most of the items which included a small geometry set, a small metal compass, a pencil set with various lead grades, a rubber brush set for working with putty and a mini clamp set. I also managed to get soaking wet as every time I went to a new Norma store, It started raining again...

Moving on with the Steyr, it was time to try the L shaped plastic strip and build the frame that holds the 2 cable reels over the generator. It worked out good and looks like this…
IMG_1460.JPG
The reel holders are not 100% correct, but close enough for government work! I wanted to scratch correct frames for the reels, but it was too time consuming and costed too many nerves. One attempt is below along with the switch box roof and the base mount for the battery cabinet...
IMG_1461.JPG
I finished off making the front of the base of the battery cabinet and gave it a test fit. The 2 rings of gray plastic are not part of it. They were just used for spacers. The cabinet had a different mount which I will make for it later. Don't worry about the oopsie in the right cabinet as it had to be trimmed to fit on the fender well correctly. I accidently sliced up the fender well on the left in a fit of stupidity. It's an easy fix...
IMG_1463.JPG
I added the last 2 braces on the reel frame and did a test fit of all the pieces in the body to see how bad I had screwed it up. The reel frame still needs the end frames built that raises it up to clear the generator frame rails (see ref pics). I hope to have this done shortly to show what I mean...
IMG_1464.JPG
I do think it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas a Stromversorgungs Steyr 2000A. It's a little rough in places, but that's easy enough to fix. We are slowly making progress and I only hope the new heat wave…...Isn't one!!! Thanks for looking and have a (with luck) cool one folks!!!

Prost
Allen