V2 - Vengeance From Above

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Allen,
Glad you're back and weather is cooperating. Sounds like you made a good haul even if you did have to get soggy for it. Keep on truckin'! (Steyerin').
Rick H.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Allen, I keep reading and reading and forget commenting thinking that I had already done it. You've been busy even with the missing parts. With them finally arriving the launch date for the V2 should be approaching soon. Good job. :thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Dont mention the "C" word!!! Next thing there will be cards and wrapping paper in the shops!:smiling5:
Hopefully it will cool down for you soon. At the moment I cant glue foil to foil or pewter as the glue just wont dry. Maybe we should move to Juno:smiling:

Reactions: JR

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Afternoon Rocketeers from a hot and sticky Bamberg,

No damn end in sight and rain is not in our future any time soon. Over 30° C every day, but the show must go on. So...

Paul - Thank you my friend. I do hope your weather has cooled off a bit too. It's murder here in the Fatherland! Vette running yet???

Rick - Thanks too Sir!!! I didn't mind getting wet and it was worth it. It only lasted one day though and the temps shot right back up. The Steyr is getting crowded too!!! See below.

Richard - No worries my friend, as I do the same thing. I enjoy looking at a project and forget to comment too. I chalk it up to old age. I do appreciate you checking in and I want to finish the Steyr before I move on to the LOX trailer now that I have a complete kit.

Stevie - Hey my man, I'm having the same prob here with my Faller expert glue. It's so hot, it almost dries as soon as it comes out of the needle end. Makes rivet gluing a real PITA!!! BTW where is Juno or do you mean Juneau in Alaska. It's probably over 30° C there too though. I turn on the fan to hurricane setting and an go for it. I only hope it doesn't blow the tiny parts away. No more C word either!!!..….

So over the past few days, with the fan at max, I drove on with some more of the crap equipment in the interior. I sliced and diced some tubing, strips of plastic, odd bits and parts lying around to build the regulator for constant voltage thingy. I also made the cable tunnel and added the angle iron feet for the reel rack...
IMG_1475.JPG
Next up was the start of detailing the battery cabinet. I did the rivet thing and modified 3 hatch hinges from a Panther to make the bottom latches of it. I glued the loose pieces onto the regulator parts including the lifting eye that came from a tow shackle. One still has to be glued on the other part of the regulator thingy too. The two grey tiny bits are the mounts for the first part next to it. This assembly was all mounted on a plate behind the passenger seat and had some cables running here and there as shown in the ref pics...
IMG_1482.JPG
Now was the time to see if it all fit in the Steyr...
IMG_1476.JPG
Well kiss my grits!!! It appears that it will all come together in the long run. Had to race to the fridge for a cold one as a reward!!! Another view...
IMG_1477.JPG
And another!!!...
IMG_1479.JPG
And how it's supposed to look like...
Steyr 2000A- 01c.jpg
Ok, and one more for the cheap seats in the back!!!...
IMG_1480.JPG
I'm kind of happy that it turned out as well as it did. Nothing is glued so adjustments can be made. The bad news is there is still a lot to do to finish it off. I guess I just have to drive on with a hard…..You know the rest folks!!! 16 latches for the battery cabinet, regulator base mount and generator exhaust system are just a few of the details to come.

Thanks for looking in and I wish you all a cool week as it ain't gonna happen here!!!

Prost
Allen

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Great to see the interior is fitting together nicely my friend.:smiling:
Cool to have the different coloured parts so all the work is best seen.:thumb2:

Best is just to the north of Eindhoven, 7 kilometres from the show will take just 10 minutes of driving time.:smiling4:
No cool week for me too, hope despite the temperature you still have a great week too.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Juno is how us common folk say it, not like you posh Europeans:smiling5:

Outstanding work on the interior. Certainly some of your best work

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Evening Allen,

Had to have a big catch up, I’ve missed loads of goings on! I’m blown away at your excellent scratch works...I’d have made a box and covered it with a tarp:smiling5:
Really impressed mate...keep on keeping on:thumb2:
Si

Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Allen,
It fits! Super scratchery Sir. I'm not going to try this one in 87 scale...LOX trailer is enough for me.
Moggle on,
Rick H.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Allen
Just had a good catch up. Well done Sir - the interior detail in the Steyr is stunning.
Jim

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Some really top work Dude. Thought about starting it. PaulE

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The dogs buddy. Well done , all that work has paid off.:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
Dude 2.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Allen.... that is some SERIOUS, IMPRESSIVE and fantastic scratch-build interiors.... keep up the great work.. more more... moooooooore

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Allen, I've just had a interesting half hour just catching up on this ( as Gregory say's ) seriously impressive build, and you've hardly touched the tip of the iceberg, in the scheme of the whole build. Looking forward to more updates.

D

Daniel Horvath

Hi Allen i was off for 3 weeks and I just had a catch up with your progress! Your attention to detail is amazing! This will probably the most accurate diorama gonna be i ever see! Well done looking forward for more regards Danny

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Good Evening Patient Rocketeers,

First I must apologise for not responding sooner to all your wonderful comments and encouragements. The heat here in the Fatherland has not receded and it has only gotten hotter. Not a drop of rain and every day over 35° C. Table time, even with the fan on hurricane mode, is a total waste only being able to wear the optivisor for a couple of minutes before the headband is soaking wet. It really sucks as the mojovation is still flying higher than the ISS space station…...

Paul - Thanks so much buddy! I only wish I could do more.
Fernando - Thanks and the different colors are from all the old tidbits I've found in the spares box and have hacked up to use. Great that you're so close. You in the north and me in the south. Stay cool if you can...
Stevie - Posh Europeans??? I'm gonna have to come over and show you how posh we really are. It doesn't matter where you are. It's just too damn hot my friend. Thanks for good words!!!
Si - You are much to kind Sir. I bet the box with the tarp was a showstopper. Your work is always top notch...
Rick - Thank you too Rick! I figure if you scratch one in 1/35, wash it in hot water and then throw it in the dryer for an hour, it may shrink down to about 1/87 and fit right in. Then again, it could just be the beer talking!!! Take care...
Jim - Thank you Jim! I only wish I could keep going, but at the moment, it's not possible. Friday it is supposed to cool down. I can only hope...
Paul E - Thinking about starting her up is good. Doing it is better. I only hope it's not as bad there as it is here heat wise. I appreciate the good words Sir!
Dude 2 - You keep me going John and for that, I can only say Thanks a lot my man!!!
Kelly - Hi and welcome to my nightmare. Rudy, he took off and is hiding in the fridge next to an old bottle of Zap-A-Gap! He's waiting for it to cool off too...
Greg - Hey buddy, you send me cooler weather and I'll scratch all the more!!!!!!!! I only hope it does get cooler for the weekend so I can drive on...
Ian - Thanks too Sir! You have hit the nail on the head as the Steyr is just one of 12 or 13 builds for the whole thing. It appears this is going to take a bit longer than I had expected...
Danny - Welcome back Sir! I take it you had a nice vacation and are ready to get back to the bench. I hope to make it 'almost' 100% accurate, but I'm in no way a rivet counter. I just give it my best shot and if it looks good, then paint it. Thanks for the big vote of confidence my friend!

Sorry that I can't show any progress., I can say that I have found and ordered 2 sets of resin wheels for the Hanomag SS-100s and a 1/48 scale resin and etch update set for the Tamiya motorcycle with side car. I just hope I can get two spoked wheels for the cable cart out of the set to mount on the sides of the Steyr...

Thanks again for all your support and I hope I can post a real update shortly. Try to stay cool and have a great rest of the week!!!

Prost
Allen

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Dude 1 the rain is coming !
Mogel on.
Dude 2