V2 - Vengeance From Above

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Again congratulations on a well deserved award Allen, and after seeing it for real the Steyr is sooo small, respect for the scratchery my friend....:thumb2:

Thanks for the kind words, even though I didn't win anything, joining was a great experience on it's own.:nerd:
Seeing one's work at the tables between the others fabulous work is still a cool image but onwards and upwards as they say, on to next year with a different model or two...:thinking::smiling:

Don't forget to make your reservation for next year at the Koningshof in time mate!

ps. The burgers at Woest were great indeed, we got lucky with our seats that night, need to reserve for that too next year...

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Well done Allen,
Sounds like you had a great time.....and getting a highly commended for something your still working on must be a huge mojo booster :smiling4:
Again....welll done that man. Now get it finished up for goodness sake:tongue-out3:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Evening Fine Folks,

I would have replied sooner, but I am sick as a dog with a cold! don't ask me where it came from. It won't really come on strong and it won't really go away either. I'm trying to Moggell at the table in between coughing, sneezing and napping...

Paul E and Richard - Thank you both so much for the kind words and support. Don't know about deserved though, more like luck...

Stevie - Thanks too Buddy as I was skeptical, but Fernando egged me on. I think the Judges felt sorry for me!!! Oh, and it's time for a new camera I think. Now what can I scratch for next year, besides my head????...

Peter D - A big thank you to you Sir! It did take time, maybe too much. Can I PM you a bit later???

Fernando - Thanks once again for the push!!! I am blank for next year at the moment (like I told Stevie). it was definitely an experience not to forget. If we do stay at the Konigshof next year, will we need reservations at Woest. I know a good Chinese restaurant in Waalre if you are up to it...

Si - Thank you too my friend!!! The mojovation is flying higher than Ozzy's song. I am taking a small break from the intense scratchery of the Steyr to clear my melon and move on with this project. It will come back into the play later...

Rick - I finally did my man!!! I think Hollywood wants to make a film about it called "50 Shades of Blue"...It would be a flop though and people would be like, what!!! No sex or violence??? No big stars??? Model what??? What's a Steyr???...………....Thanks Sir!!!...

So like I stated, I am setting the intense work aside and will push on with the vehicles in the dio itself. Yes, the Steyr will be finished, but right now I want to and have started to, build a Hanomag SS-100 tow vehicle. These were used to tow the Vidalwagen, Meillerwagen and the LOX trailer. Big motor and lots of pulling power. My dio requires 2 SS-100's and I have 2 Takom kits of it.

I will build one first to work out any probs with the kit and then build the second one after it. These should go rather quickly as the only AM parts are the resin tires from Panzer Art...
IMG_1487.JPGThis one is getting the Fulda tires on the right. The second one will get the Continentals on the left. I started some parts cleanup last night, but the nose and sore throat gave me no peace.

I tried to continue today and did get a bit of glue on to make some sub-assemblies. This is what it looks like when a sick man moggells,
IMG_1597.JPGI only hope it comes out looking like a Hanomag SS-100. Here's what it should look like,
hanomag_03[1].jpg
For Discussion Purposes Only
I have to take a break now folks. Head wants to explode and the nose is trying to run away. Thanks again for the best wishes and stay healthy too...

Prost
Allen

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Huh sick Allen? Sunday you were still looking fine....
Must be the rest after all of that working of late, co-workers of mine have same each time they get off....:thinking:

Nice start on the SS-100 and you've got some great wheels to use on it too.:thumb2:

Take care and get well soon sir!

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Brandy.....plenty of it with, warmed with honey and lemon..... (don’t water the brandy down too much..that’s the medicine :tongue-out:)
Get some rest too....:thumb2:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Cracking result, you came back with a gong and a cold, top job buddy....

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Thank you guys for the get well wishes. I don't know where this crap came from. I am going to bed shortly and try to get a good night's rest.

Si, I have had one brandy in the last 10 years. You never water it down and you might just be on to something here buddy…………...

Tim, Thanks too Sir and hell if I know what I did wrong or right!!!...…….

I hope there is table time in the morning. Good night all...

Prost
Allen

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Dude 1.
Well the wheels look a good start. Hope your feeling better soon.
Dude 2.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Sorry you're under the clouds Pard,
Take two of your whatevers and get some rest the Hanomags will keep.
Cheers,
Rick H.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Hi Allen - well done on the award :thumb2:

I used to do competitions and who won was always a bit of a lottery and impossible to predict

Stuff that looked great didn't win anything and total rubbish did

The worst case I came across was an old bloke that turned up every year with the same old models that must have been built years ago - Airfix out of the box. Myself and others that had spent ages detailing and painting lost out to an old model, covered in shelf dust, silvered decals and with a wheel missing! I found out later that he was something to do with organising or sponsoring the competitions :thinking:

Anyway yours is well deserved, keep up the good work

Reactions: JR

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Allen,
If I had gotten a hold of John's birds nest I'd have made some soup for you...goes well with rock suger and ginger. Get well Bro.

Hi Allen - well done on the award :thumb2:

I used to do competitions and who won was always a bit of a lottery and impossible to predict

Stuff that looked great didn't win anything and total rubbish did

The worst case I came across was an old bloke that turned up every year with the same old models that must have been built years ago - Airfix out of the box. Myself and others that had spent ages detailing and painting lost out to an old model, covered in shelf dust, silvered decals and with a wheel missing! I found out later that he was something to do with organising or sponsoring the competitions :thinking:

Anyway yours is well deserved, keep up the good work

Simon, I guess his medals were for turning up every year and being persistant. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Allen
Congratulations. Well deserved. I have often been somewhat puzzled by judges decisions when looking around competitions.
Hope you feel better soon
Jim

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Art is in the eye of the beholder...if the beholder is the judge then all else be damned!
Keep on modeling,
Rick H.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Good Evening All,

Trying to get back into the swing of things and I am feeling a bit better.. I want to Thank you all for the congrats and the best wishes for a speedy recovery and...

Dude 2 - Much better thanks and the wheels are nice, but fiddly, to say the least. See below Buddy

Rick - Thanks Killer!!! Trying to come up with a brain fart for next years show though...

Simon - Thanks too my friend. It was a shame that we didn't get to chat at the show,
DSC04068 (2).JPG
but I know that defending the Galaxy from the dark side is a humongous job. Maybe next year...

Mick - Thanks so much Sir!!! I really didn't believe it though for my first time...

Richard - That is so kind of you my man. I did end up getting me a bag of Halls Menthol Eucalyptus Mind Blowers and they helped the throat and lungs. Don't worry about Stevie. I think he's been dead for a while...

Jim - A big thank you to you Jimbo!!! Your support and kind words always keep me going and trying to do better!!!...

Although being under the weather, I have been sitting at the table and doing things. The parts were slowly getting glued together and on Thursday they looked like this...
IMG_1598.JPG
The new punch set was a good weight to keep the sideboards straight. I also started hairy sticking on the motor and then fell asleep. On Friday, the hairy stick work continued as well as the cleaning up of more pieces...
IMG_1600.JPGMostly dark gray on the interior. The interior also had a lot of wood pieces incorporated into it as well as the door frames. These will be done when the seats are finished. Saturday and today was more paint and some organization of the sub-assemblies…
IMG_1601.JPGIt's beginning to take shape now...
IMG_1602.JPGSeats with the first coat on, motor finished (won't be seen at all) with the exhaust pipe and notice the clear part for the tail lights. I want to get all the parts on to make it easier to shoot a coat on it. I can paint the red lens in them afterwards…
IMG_1603.JPGAnother view of the clear parts. The resin tires were prepped and the rear hubs CA'd to the inside rear tires to set up where they have to be attached to the axle. A little tricky, but I think I got the spacing right on them. I also sawed off the front rim tube pieces and glued them to the inside of the resin front wheels to give the resin rims a better mounting point on the front axles. So far, so good...……………..

A short update tonight and I hope to get more done tomorrow after work. Yup, vacation is over and it's back to the grind in the morning. Thank you all again for your best wishes and support. Have fantastic week and see you on the other side…

Prost
Allen