V2 - Vengeance From Above

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Allen,
What category is for Awesome V2 dios? I'm thinking by next year this baby will be ready for the world...all that remains is will the world be ready for it?
Get well soon,
Rick H.

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Dude 1.
All looking good, glad you have beaten the cold.
Dude 2.

D

Daniel Horvath

Dear Allen sorry for not being around only because im on vacation! First of all I just read through and catched up with everything! Like to congratulate you for the award well deserved sir ! It’s good to see that they have appreciated all this hard work you have put in to this highly detailed and absolutely stunning and historicaly accurate project! Also see that the other vehicle construction has began im sure will be amazing just like the steyr ! Keep up the good work and wish you all the best! Regards Danny

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Great to see you up and about mate. Terrific update. Still havnt got a clue what you are doing but enjoying seeing all the bits of the puzzle going together. Keep up the great work

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Allen,
Belated congrats on your award. Just caught up on your build, still coming along great. Bottle of 20 year old malt on its way to you for your cold, but had to drink the contents to save weight on the postage.....
Cheers, Mike.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Good Evening Fine Folks Around The World,

So sorry that I have been quiet for a while. I have gotten over the cold and feel much better. I am still trying to get used to the time change too. I haven't stopped working on the Hanomags through the whole ordeal and have made progress. So,

Rick - I don't know Sir, but I thank you for the vote of confidence. I do hope to have it done next year, but not too late in the year!!!

Dude 2 - Thanks John and i am feeling way better except for Sunday night and you know about that...

Paul - Thanks too my man as there is no turning back now. Onward to the finish line someday!!!

Danny - You are much too kind Sir and you never need to apologise for being on vacation. A vacation is a wonderful thing and I hope you enjoy it to the fullest. I am afraid the rest of the vehicles will be pretty much OOB with the exception of resin tires and a couple of minor fixes. The Steyr was fun and a lot of work to boot. I still can't believe I won something for it though. Thanks my friend..

Stevie - Thanks buddy, I am feeling better and sometimes I forget what I am building too. Ok, it is a scene with a rocket on a launch platform being fueled and prepped for firing. In total, there will be 5 vehicles, 3 trailers, a V2 rocket and a launch platform (and maybe a partridge in a pear tree too). The Steyr supplied the juice for all the checks before fueling and the actual firing too. It will not be in the scene and was the hardest to build for the project. therefore I built it first...

Mike - Thank you Sir and it's great to hear from you. I hope all is well on your end and you are still modelling. I have missed those floppy ears around here too. Take care my friend…

So here we are with a little update. Starting last Wednesday night, still not being 100%, I started nipping parts off the sprues from the second Hanomag kit. I knew where all the parts went from doing the first one anyway...
IMG_1606.JPGOn the next day, started to clean them all up and started gluing some of the sub-assemblies together. The Takom plastic is kind of soft and some of the attachment points are rather large. On Saturday, we were well on our way and they looked like this…
IMG_1607.JPGSo with it underway, I broke out the hairy stick and painted a bunch of stuff like the interior, motor, exhaust and seats. On Sunday we had this…
IMG_1609.JPGTwins!!!!!!! Identical twins!!!!!!!!!! Ok, there are a lot more finished parts than in the pic. I have since glued the outer doors into the side panel frames and trimmed the inside doors to mate up with them. The inside door panels were painted dark gray too. They will be glued together after the outside is painted late war dark yellow...Ok, enough Blah-blah for tonight. I would normally have more pics. but it gets dark too early and I forget to take them.

More to follow and all abuse is welcome. Thanks again for looking in and Moggell on!!!...

Prost
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Allen,
Great progress on the twins, will be close by as I have one in the works also.
Cheers, Rick H.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Allen keep it coming.. MORE MORE MOOOOORE..... :smiling5::smiling5::smiling6::smiling6::smiling6:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Model making on an industrial scale!! Wonderful work mate. Really pressing on now. Have you thought about or started any work on the base yet??

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Allen
Hope you're feeling better. Twins looking good.
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well Dude1.
Things are looking good, like Paul's suggestion, I'm voting for that !
Dude 2

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Hi Allen, I vote for Paul's idea too.
Will give an interesting look to the dio with one buttoned up Hanomag and one opened for maintanace?
Moggel on sir.:thumb2:

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
well ive just cancelled netflix who needs it with this build.your doing an award winning job on your scratch building really cant wait to see more of your build

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Good Evening Rocketeers,

I know, I know...It has been a while since there was any news from me on the project. With work and it getting dark so early here in the Fatherland, it kind of shoots you down a bit...BUT, I have good news and bad news to share,

The good news is I have ordered one of those Brightlight 84 LED @ 21 watt light thingys w/table clamp and dimmer that many of you folks swear by. Now the night will become day at the table (don't have a bench) and I can accomplish more.

The bad news is I still have about a year and a half before I can retire. Oh, I know you all thought I was going to say I binned the project. And while we are on that subject I must apologise again for my slowness and lack of real progress on this. I am going to try to do a weekly update as opposed to more frequent ones. This has been dragging on for months and seems like there is no end in sight too. Anywho,

PaulE, Dude 2 and Fernando - That is an excellent idea, but does have a couple of drawbacks. The kit motor is not the best detail wise and you would need a lot of work to bring it up to snuff. Then you would have to hack up an engine panel and the hood to show it. lastly, operational units fueling a V2 for launch would have to be on the lookout for air attacks, ensure that the fueling goes quickly and probably would not do maintenance during this particular part of the mission. It would be done after the launch when the vehicles were in hiding and waiting for the next launch mission...

Greg, Paul and Jim - Thank you so much Gentlemen! I am back to normal health wise, the mojovation is still very high and with the new lamp, I hope to increase my building output...

Rick - Thanks Buddy! Drive on with your Hanomag and if I can help in any way, give me a shout...

Stevie - I really can't do too much with the groundwork as I need to get all of the vehicles/trailers done first. Then I can approximate how much room will be needed for a base. This will be set in the woods as most launch sites were. I am also not 100% sure which country the launch scene will be set in. Holland, Belgium or Germany are the choices. I am leaning towards a setting in Den Hague in Holland. Thanks my man and wait till I start the 3 Opel Blitz Tankwagens...

John - I don't know if that was a good idea Sir. They do have some pretty good flicks on there and this project could get boring before it gets better! Welcome aboard and thank you for the kind words…

Gary - Thank you too Sir and glad to have you back. I hope all is well up in your neck of the north woods. Take care...

So, here we are with a tiny update. There is actually a bit more done that the picture will show. That's right, I said picture = 1 each photograph. This is why I ordered that new high tech lamp thingy,
IMG_1614.JPGAnd a lousy pic it is. I plan on leaving the driver's door open on the Hanomag (on the left) towing the Meillerwagen. The other Hanomag will be towing the LOX trailer and (with luck) will have a driver sitting inside. A quick note on this vehicle. As you cans see, the Hanomag had a rather large motor. A 6 cylinder, 8.5 liter diesel putting out 100 HP at 1500 RPM. Top speed was 45 kilometers per hour with the 4 speed transmission and 57 kph with the 5 speed transmission. It was not an off road vehicle due to it's rear wheel drive, but had one hell of a pulling power...

I thank you all again for looking in. I hope to get a lot more done Sat. and Sun. and maybe a few more pics too. Abuse is most welcome and have a super weekend!!!

Prost
Allen

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Dude1.
That's some smart paintwork you have got there, I'm most impressed.
Dude 2

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Morning buddy,
Good to hear your starting to feel better and getting more bench time....hobby time is good for the soul don’t you know!!
Tiny update is better than no update...keep it rolling sir:thumb2: