Valerons Arma Hobby Yakovlev Yak-1B 1/72

Valeron

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Here is my completed entry for Karl and Andrew's Soviet Wingy thing GB. Thanks to both Karl and Andrew for organising it.

This is my first time building an Arma Hobby product and the aircraft was a good model to make. I had numerous issues along the way but these were all down to my limited experience. It went together very well and the only criticism of the product were the cockpit masks which didn't fit or stick. I made my own in the end.

The model was 100% brush painting with Vallejo paints, aside from a rattle can of Army painter primer.

This was my first experience of PE which was quite easy but in some ways pointless as all the PE detail is covered up. I also applied an antenna wire (well 2 actually) for the first time and that wasn't too bad either but tweezers and a lot of magnification were required.

IMG_5540.JPGIMG_5543.JPG
IMG_5548.JPG

IMG_5542.JPG

IMG_5545.JPG
IMG_5547.JPG
IMG_5549.JPG

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Think that's worth 2020DB.jpg.
Some fine work , esp having to make you own masks .
Congratulations.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Great result and a few firsts for you into the bargain. You should be a happy bunny with that.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Mike

Apologies, missed this post. Thanks for joining the GB and for turning out such a great little kit!

Great work.

ATB

Andrew