Vallejo Acrylic Satin Varnish Warning

T

tecdes

Had a problem with the Satin Varnish. Both bottles one a 17ml & also the bigger 60ml.

Looks as though some of the acrylic resin has separated from the remander. This has separated in small lumps of the resin. Guess what it clogs the airbrush. Easy to see if you pour a bit out on to a small pallett. Test first as it airbrushes well for a few seconds then spurts drops before clogging up. Tried it again giving it the shaking of it's life but no improvement.

Also used both gloss & matt & these are perfect. All are stored next to each other.

The batch number on the rear of the bottle is F-15-03. Waiting for an answer from Vallejo which I will pass on.

Laurie

C

Cooperman69

Thanks for the heads up Laurie, I'll be checking my batch number and sampling before using.

Colin.

T

tecdes

Cannot beat this for integrity & honesty. Also good commercial acumen.

Dear Laurie,

Just received an email from our chemist and looks that this batch had a problem with a matting agent.This is already solved but look like small matting capsules are not well added to the solution causing you this problem.

We will like to send you some free samples of this varnish and we are sorry for all the inconveniences caused by this problem.

Can you send us you address so we can send you this Satin varnish in 60 and 17 ml?

Did you tried our new primers?

Thanks for contacting us

Regards

Vallejo

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
A very good response. It is always a test of a company how they respond to problems and it looks as if Vallejo have passed with flying colours.:woohoo::terrific:

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I've just checked batch numbers on mine and they aren't in that batch, can't fault Vallejo for their quick response, thanks for the heads up.

T

tecdes

Another present. Got to admit that I told them their products were great.

Thinks !!! what can I now say to get some airbrush cleaner (big size) & a large bottle of grey primer.

So despicable.

Laurie

Thanks for your coments.

I will also ad a new airbrush thinner and a decal medium.

Regards

Vallejo

G

GazB

Laurie, despicable is me mailing them claiming to have some of the same batch number and the same problem......only kidding!

I'm actually going to claim that their thinners dissolved the dog in a bizarre accident (because he insists on sitting under the desk when i'm modelling)

I reckon I should get the whole model Air Range for a lost pet.

Seriously though well done Vallejo!

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
It's impossible to over estimate the value of good customer service in this day and age.

Well done vallejo,it's cheaper to retain an existing customer,as they have obviously done,than acquire a new one.

Cheers

Steve

S

Stalag Luft III

Laurie

Just joined the forum after finding your thread as I had exactly the same problem.

I emailed Vallejo yesterday as I have the same batch number and within 2 hours they replied to say a replacement is in the post.

Fantastic result - all thanks to you sir !

thanks again

Christian

T

tecdes

Yes top company Christian.

Enlightened they they realise they can look after their own interests by looking after their customers. Shame others do not learn.

Laurie