Vallejo Desert Dust Wash

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Anyone used this before, weird colour out the bottle, mine is almost 'bright green', no matter how much i shake the bottle it comes out like some revolting medicine colour, thought it may evaporate and leave a dust residue behind, no it turns what ever it touches green;

51879-med.jpg

To be fair - looking at the bottle it does seem to leave a green tinge, bizzare

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
I've got a few washes from John but not had time to try them yet and I think one is a dust wash as above
I'll let you know when I get to offering up to my Matilda

Regards

Robert

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
This is the best selling wash I have out of this range, I've never noticed that it looks bright green, I have more stock coming in tomorrow I will have a look at it.

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
This is the best selling wash I have out of this range, I've never noticed that it looks bright green, I have more stock coming in tomorrow I will have a look at it.

Must be a bad bottle then :mad:, will pop a photo up when i get home, checked your site and you didnt have any of Lifecolor desert wash set, so had to buy elsewhere:oops:

lc-lp03.jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
This is a good one I've heard nothing but good about it , I use the AK interactive version but thinking of swapping over as that takes ages to dry

B

Builder

I use this very often. It works very well. Here it is used on 1/72 Mosquito Wheels.

Note the detail on the tyres.

I also use it exclusively on all my armour tracks as well. You can also watch how Andy from Andy Hobby headquarters uses it on almost all his recent builds on youtube.

Y8qEjs

Last edited by a moderator:
First Name
colin
I think it must of been a bad bottle Steve it should be a slightly darker colour than Vallejo sand (ivory)