Velaf, the Dragon Hunter of Mt. Zigma

R

Resinman

Hello again! In spite of my silence, I have been busy on the model-making front, as this post will show.

Remember this gentleman?

IMG_20180513_151214980_HDR.jpg

As some of you might know, this was originally a bust released by Young Miniatures and called simply The Hunter. The only alteration I made when I built it was to change the head to a more characterful one. Anyway, the moulds were then acquired by Galapagos Miniatures, who then proceeded to remodel it completely and relaunch the figure as a fantasy creation, renaming it Velaf the Dragon Hunter from Mt. Zigma. I bought that one as well, and the photo below shows the finished bust as a comparison.

IMG_20180531_105339360_HDR.jpg

I really loved painting this one - there were a lot of intricate details to bring out and various different textures to render and, on a trivial note, I really liked the way the base was sculpted. The only thing I'd do differently is the sword hilt - I'm already thinking of ways to redo that after I've finished the next bust. It's all wonderful practise though...

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I know nothing about the subject matter but I recognise good painting skills when I see them. Great job, and he looks a lot more cheerful (or sadistic) in the second version.

R

Resinman

I know nothing about the subject matter but I recognise good painting skills when I see them. Great job, and he looks a lot more cheerful (or sadistic) in the second version.

Thank you FlyJoe180.... this one REALLY stretched my skills... =)

P

Polux

I’m with Joe.... I don’t know nothing about the subject, sorry!
But I like your paintwork there.