Verlinden 200mm Panzergrenadier Bust

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Nice nice nice Peter.Superb again my.friend.Camo is particularly good on my opinion.
Great stuff mate.
Richard

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
The more I see of your work the more convinced I am that you have sold your soul to the devil for the magic to paint like you do. Absolutely stunning. Mind you when you final present yourself at the Pearly Gates old Nick will have first claim and St Peter will have to hand you over!!! :thinking:
Jim

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

Richard - Pleased that you like him. Thanks again.

Jim - Many thanks. Not my soul, just my eyesight (and he's also taken most of my hair). I think it's a reasonable job, but not my best - camo is always a compromise and the ammo could be better. Hey, ho - on to the next one.....

Peter.

Reactions: JR

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
:thumb2:Another classic PDiddy bust.Glad you enjoyed this one. A cracking result

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Some things haven't changed, I look for the last figure you were painting, and not only is it finished but the next one has been started too!

I know it is easy to say it great, which it is, but it sometimes helps to qualify great.

When you look at the back of the figure, all the panels and straps are separate and clearly different cuts of material, a real keen eye for detail

I know you really "suffer" with Camo Peter, but you do it really well.

Excellent work and off to find the next one

Regards

Steve H

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well Peter.
What can be added to the posts, you seem to be lifting the bar higher with every figue.
Nice to see you enjoying your work .
John

R

RichardMo

I wish I could get my paints to look as vibrant as yours .I am the King of grime as you once called me lol. my paints seem to be more on the duller side.
RICK

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve J - Thank you.
John - I think coming to the new site has boosted my mojo.
Steve H - It depends a lot on the quality of the figure, but I feel that if the detail is there one is beholden to paint it. I do really loath painting camo - tedious in the extreme and hard to shade - but I'm getting more used to it. Many thanks for your kind words.
Rick - I think a lot of vibrancy comes from clearly separating the colours, but more probably from outlining. One surface on top of another will create a line of shadow, so painting a thin line of shadow along the edge of each strap, pocket, etc helps them pop out.
Peter.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Nice to see you continuing where you left off Peter. Love the camo on this one. Much better face than the box too. He looks almost mummified on the box art.
Mick

F

Fenlander

Excellent work as always Peter. I really like your distinctive style, quite refreshing:thumb2:

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks Graham

I didn't know I had a personal style until people started pointing it out. I certainly haven't tried to develop one on purpose. I suppose in trying to emulate the finish of some of the greats, mine turned out like this!

Peter.