Victory Miniatures 120mm Officer Royal North British Dragoons Scots Greys Crimea 1854

E

Evan James

It looks great Graham, the horse looks more startled, this should paint up a treat, looking forward to seeing more.
ev

F

Fenlander

Outstanding work on fixing the fit issues on the old hos Graham, and the new stance. and if it's anything like the figures I've just seen by you. I doubt you'll have any problems painting it. Looking forward to the next updates.

Ah...... never painted a horse before, certainly not at this size anyway Ian. Had it been a dark brown/black, it would be a case of slapping oil paint all over and then wiping off the excess to leave the shadows. Being a grey, it is a tad more complex due to the light to quite datprk gradation plus lighter grey highlight ‘spots’ dappled over it. Should be fun to try and do..............

F

Fenlander

It looks great Graham, the horse looks more startled, this should paint up a treat, looking forward to seeing more.
ev

Thanks Ev. For some insane reason, I have even though of adding another figure for the rider to be slashing at...... I will, hopefully, talk myself out of that. Doubt I could find a suitable figure anyway being the Crimea. Would have been easy for a Napoleonic.