Viriatus bust by RP Models

R

Resinman

RPM is one of my favourite bust producers (after Young Miniatures and Pegaso) and this bust of Lusitanian leader Viriatus (Lusitania was situated on the Iberian Peninsula - ie Spain/Portugal) continues the trend set by this manufacturer. Not much is known about Viriatus, apart from the fact that he resisted the Romans encroaching into his peoples' lands and that he died in 139 BC. What I know is that this is yet another quality product from Hugo Pereira's RP Models. I was particularly impressed by the texture detail on the tunic - very finely rendered.

I did have a few issues while building this: his spear had broken in two which entailed a bit of surgery (and which explains the slight wonkiness). Also, I had to swap the long and short swords around as his shield strap wouldn't quite it correctly over the long sword on his left hip. I put this down to my own clumsiness rather than any fault of the kit itself - there are days when I'm all fingers and thumbs. In spite of those very minor issues it came out extremely well and I'm very pleased. If I had a criticism it would be that I need to practice painting bare arms ... haha! =D

The base, which sets it all off nicely, is one supplied by SK Miniatures and is made from Thuya wood....

Anyway, here he is finished, courtesy of my legendary photography and photo-editing skills... =)

IMG_20180803_094130740(1).png

IMG_20180803_094141638(1).jpg

IMG_20180803_094152083.jpgIMG_20180803_094204812.jpg

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Very nice Simon. A real sense of movement in that sculpt. White shirt is good especially as white is not straightforward and your painting has enhanced the fur whatsit beautifully.
Jim

R

Resinman

Very nice Simon. A real sense of movement in that sculpt. White shirt is good especially as white is not straightforward and your painting has enhanced the fur whatsit beautifully.
Jim

Thank you - and I love your technical nomenclature... =D