Waffen SS troops

J

Jack10

here's my completed ss troops at rest. Hoping to add them to a diorama very soon. Hope you like, look forward to your feedback IMG_1675.JPGIMG_1674.JPGIMG_1676.JPG IMG_1681.JPG IMG_1691.JPG

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Nice work Jack looking forward to the diorama.
A pin wash will help to pull out the details in the rolled tarp.
Cheers
P

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
A pin wash is a very thin diluted paint which, when touched in a recess or panel line, will wick around that recess by capillary action.
If you paint in acrylics your pin wash should be diluted oil-based paint (I actually use oil paint). Get an old metal jar lid put a small amount of dark brown oil paint in the middle (say a quarter of a pea size) then thin this paint with white spirit until it's the consistency of coloured spirit. Ensure all the pigment is mixed. Then give the area on the model to be pin washed a brush of clean white spirit, this will help the wash to flow. Now take a fine brush and dip it in the wash and apply a small dot to a point on the crease/panel line. Capillary action will then wick the thinned paint around that detail and 'pick it out'.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Paul

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
No problem. This is only one of dozens and dozens of techniques you'll pick up along the way, as we all have at some time.
Glad you enjoyed the build of the figures and I'm sure you'll do the same with the dio.
Keep having fun:smiling3:

P

J

Jack10

Nice work on the camouflage Jack. ;)
Thank you. Wanted to do the autumn camo pattern but didn't have the right paints so was just working with what I had. Gonna do the autumn ss camo pattern on my next ones though