Wants new compressor

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hi Max,

I have the same one and it is a great compressor. 3 liter air tank and very quiet. The red cap with the ring in it on the tank is the over pressure relieve valve if the pressure should get (not likely) too high. After using it, you can pull up on the ring and empty the tank too. The other red ring by the gage is the base for the pressure control knob. When you pull the knob up , you can adjust the spray pressure for your airbrush. You got it for a fantastic price too!!! Have fun and enjoy it...

Prost
Allen

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
After using it, you can pull up on the ring and empty the tank too. T
You probably can, but isn't it better to use the drain valve on the bottom of the tank, so you remove the condensed water as well?

Pete

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
You probably can, but isn't it better to use the drain valve on the bottom of the tank, so you remove the condensed water as well?

Pete

Wow Peter,

I always thought the water trap/filter under the regulator did that for me. After every use, I always drain the air tank. I only open the drain plug on the bottom twice a year to double check for water build up, but only after I drained the air tank. Am I doing something wrong Peter???

Prost
Allen

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Allen, the water trap under the regulator is there to catch water that would otherwise go up the hose to your airbrush, but as the warm compressed air in the tank cools down, any water vapour in it will condense on the sides of the tank. I think you're doing two things wrong - one is using the wrong valve to empty the tank, and the other is that you don't need to empty the tank anyway! I leave mine full, but when I've finished I open the drain valve a little for the air pressure to blow the condensed water out.

Incidentally, I was reading on a classic car forum about a guy in one of the more humid US states, who bought a big compressor with an 85 litre tank. It was cheap because, the seller said, it kept cutting in and out. The buyer drained 80 litres of water from it...:smiling3:

Pete

M

MarshMan

Hi Max,

I have the same one and it is a great compressor. 3 liter air tank and very quiet. The red cap with the ring in it on the tank is the over pressure relieve valve if the pressure should get (not likely) too high. After using it, you can pull up on the ring and empty the tank too. The other red ring by the gage is the base for the pressure control knob. When you pull the knob up , you can adjust the spray pressure for your airbrush. You got it for a fantastic price too!!! Have fun and enjoy it...

Prost
Allen
Hi Allen
Yes, I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw the ad o Schpock! Also thanks for the extra info, and I’ve also caught up with the additional posts; very enlightening!