Warp resin kit , 1/72 Hawk interceptor space 1999

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
While doing my B5 destroyer and the amount of time I have in between building sections I have been building the Space 1999 hawk also in resin

I decided not to give it the paint livery from the actual episode I decided to do the original version in white , the only reason it was changed for the episode was due to a hissy fit by the film director so it was changed

I've researched as much as I can trying to find the actual paint scheme but there is not one clear photo I could find so I took what I could from the catacombs site and then filled in the gaps using the eagle and other 1999 ships , I decided to give the view ports a gold colour to simulate a polarised appearance , when I painted the white it just swallowed up the detail so I put a great wash on and that sorted it .

The base this is on is the top of a landing pad I got for a base this will be done shortly but for now I thought I'd give you a look at the hawk

Comments welcome :smiling3: View attachment 88019

View attachment 88020

View attachment 88021

View attachment 88022

View attachment 88023

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The Hawk looks great Alan I wouldn't mind one of those.

Looking forward to the base being done

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice work mate, looks superb and gritty. The pad will only enhance this model for sure.

Si:smiling3:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Very nice. I've got an old Corgi Eagle somewhere, finished in metallic green - I think.

Colin M.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers lads glad you like it :smiling3:

\ said:
Very nice. I've got an old Corgi Eagle somewhere, finished in metallic green - I think.Colin M.
I remember the dinky ones is it like this View attachment 88035

I had all of these when I was a kid and my mom always said keep that don't play with it and it'll be worth lots of money in years to come , yeah like I listened ,
image.jpg

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
\ said:
Cheers lads glad you like it :smiling3: I remember the dinky ones is it like this View attachment 88602I had all of these when I was a kid and my mom always said keep that don't play with it and it'll be worth lots of money in years to come , yeah like I listened ,
Dinky, that's it. Seeing the picture reminded me that I have the white one with the nuclear waste as well. Imagine, a kid playing with nuclear waste, well it was the 70's

Colin M.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Dinky, that's it. Seeing the picture reminded me that I have the white one with the nuclear waste as well. Imagine, a kid playing with nuclear waste, well it was the 70'sColin M.
Yes mate never happen today :smiling3: , I've just had a look on eBay for these and some are going for £125 !

D

dubster72

Yeah! Now that's cool! Lovely build Alan, brings back all those happy memories :smiling3:

P

Polux

Great one!! Looks very well Alan :smiling3:

I really like the colour on the exhaust pipes ;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers lads I appreciate it , the landing pad should be ready tomorrow :smiling3:

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
No good with just a landing pad Alan, you need the moonbase too hehehe. Very nice build though matey, loved the tv series so have a soft spot for this.

Have fun, John

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers john I appreciate it :smiling3: I have today read the walls for the landing bay will be available soon or even maybe as this is an old kit and it states it in the instructions so I might not be able to get the moon base alpha but a piece of it :D

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
Great one!! Looks very well Alan :smiling3: I really like the colour on the exhaust pipes ;)
i do agree with Polux the color you used looks spot on.

well done and look forward to seeing the base :rolleyes:

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Hey Alan, don't know how true it is mate but it looks like they're rebooting Space 1999 but it's not a remake. I'm now excited........

http://www.blastr.com/2014-1-29/heres-upbeat-update-long-long-delayed-space-1999-reboot

Have fun, John

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Hey Alan, don't know how true it is mate but it looks like they're rebooting Space 1999 but it's not a remake. I'm now excited........http://www.blastr.com/2014-1-29/heres-upbeat-update-long-long-delayed-space-1999-reboot

Have fun, John
There's been talk about a new series for the last couple of years but nothing concrete , this is the best evidence I've seen that it could be a reality , I hope so even if it's low brow SF it's worth giving it a look

Thanks for the link :smiling3:

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
that is seriously cool :cool:

always been a big Anderson fan