Welcome to the first GB of 2012

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Well, I suppose, if nothings certain, then whatever I do will be as near as damit.

Time to start my build thread.

Thanks Steve for the info.

Tony.

B

Brickie

\ said:
Rather nice figures there Brickie. As for the guy thats 'dropped something' maybe it was his lunch.Your call if you will go all out and do the whole diorama but for the Group build you could just do the aircraft and maybe the figures. Then add to it as the time/wallet allow. Just an idea.

Ian M
I think I'll do the diorama but possibly outside the GB. If it was January to March, I'd be more inclined but a) I'm not sure I could do a good job in the timescale and b) now I've had the idea I'm champing at the bit to get started.

The other consideration is that, because the aircraft would be in its original Italian markings with only the setting of the dio to indicate "Captured!", I'm not sure whether it would really count...

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Matt. The Captured build is from the first Jan to the 31st March, so your comment has confused me.

Was the aircraft in Italian service part of the German-Italian "lend-lease" or was it one that they had nicked from them??!?

Ian M

B

Brickie

The forum header says

"Feb-March 2012 GB: CAPTURED in Scale Models Forum online community for scale modellers, Welcome to the first GB of 2012."

which is what confused me...

The Italians bought about 100 Stukas off the Germans beginning in July 1940 to replace the awful Savoia-Marchetti SM.85 (aka the "Flying Banana").

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH pith! that was a typo that !

As per the norm the GB starts the first day of the quarter. I think I must of been a bit knackered when typed that.

Ian M