Welcome to the Summer 2011 Group Build.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Right not long to go so here is the forum for the summer group build. Start date is the 1st. of JULY and the end date is the 30th. of SEPTEMBER.

The theme as voted for is FROM A PHOTOGRAPH. Be it Aircraft, armour, figures, military or civilian, If it is depicted in a photo you can build it. So if you have a photo of a Imperial star cruiser, you can build that too.

PLEASE PAY ATTENTION AT THE BACK, WE ARE TALKING FROM A PHOTOGRAPH

So no screen grabs from a video or stills from a film.

One small extra rule: In the first post as well as the box top/sprue shots, you must include the photo you will be trying to depict.

You DO NOT need to depict every thing that is in the picture but we should be able to look at the finished build and be able to see what you were depicting in the photo.

So find those photos and start searching for bits to do it with.

Please have fun with this, as you all have 'cart blanch' as to what you can build.

ANY questions please post in this thread, where they can be easily found.

Ian M

M

msm2

Hi. Would I be allowed to use part of my "The Big One" for this GB.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Hi. Would I be allowed to use part of my "The Big One" for this GB.
Do you have a photo showing it?

Is it some thing you have already started building? If so how much is built?

Ian M

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
A straight forward, no nonsense subject......This should turn up some great lateral thinking and builds!

Just an aside though Ian, and I know absolutely nothing on the subject, might the members get shouted at by whoever if the picture is copy writed and it appears on S.M.?

Can anyone advise?

Cheers,

Ron

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
If people are worried about copy right on web site photos they can post a link to the photo instead. So that problem is solved.

There is I believe a loop hole if a picture is used to illustrate a comment or for a comparison of data.....not 100% sure about that.

If You credit the photo to the owner of the copywrite, they seldom take it up. Their name on their work seams to keep them Happy.

I can imagine that 90% of the photos used will either be from the second world war, and thus are public historical documents.

Some of the photos may well be one people have taken them selves, so not to many problems there either.

The bottom line is if you are not sure, try to contact the owner of the copywrite and ask if you may reproduce or link to their picture explaining why. They might even ask if you can seen them a copy of your finished project! ( I have have had it happen!)

Ian M

M

msm2

A small part of the rail transporter has been started and will be ordering a new Karl Morser for it.

M

msm2

Hi folks. I will be not doing the above subject for this GB. I will be doing this one instead.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Now thats a better choice.

Do you want to be the first and start your thread?

What is it by the way:confused: OK I know its an aeroplane but there than that???

Ian M

M

msm2

Will do later have some running around tonight. The aircraft is a He-111B-1 of 1.K/88 Spain 1937.