I have found a new hobby in tanks and still Ww2
I still have my KT2 to finish but there's no harm in starting another
I'll have to look for one but count me in

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Here's mine. Two in a box. Depending on the final 'Rules' for this build, I'm hopefully going to model them trundling down a wrecked East German village street.

View attachment 282745

Cheers.
Ron

You could do the same as you did for the Cosford 'under a fiver build'. Pictures of the finished tanks on their own then a separate thread in the Diorama section.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
You could do the same as you did for the Cosford 'under a fiver build'. Pictures of the finished tanks on their own then a separate thread in the Diorama section.

Good plan, Stan. That'll keep everyone happy......

D

dubster72

I think it would be a good idea if each GB had its own gallery section where pictures of completed builds could be posted. No comments, just the pics.

They do it over on Britmodeller & it works well.

T

tommy1drop

I find! I had it stacked sideways on a shelf. I have a kit of the BA-20 armoured car, and I think it's very confusing of Dragon to advertise different kits on the side of their boxes!!

View attachment 282722 View attachment 282723

Having looked at this one though, I think I'll probably stick with my original choice. Lots of flash and some mis-moulded parts mean this would need lots of work. There are other kits I want to build without spending lots of time on this one.

Hi Dave I've got the same kit in the stash, I tried starting it several years ago, and put it back in the box, it truly is a horrible kit, the plastic is too soft and everything seemed too thick, I keep saying that I will get around to building it....but not just now:rolleyes:

T

tommy1drop

I think it would be a good idea if each GB had its own gallery section where pictures of completed builds could be posted. No comments, just the pics.

They do it over on Britmodeller & it works well.

Hi Patrick good suggestion mate.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi Dave I've got the same kit in the stash, I tried starting it several years ago, and put it back in the box, it truly is a horrible kit, the plastic is too soft and everything seemed too thick, I keep saying that I will get around to building it....but not just now:rolleyes:

I assumed that Dragon would only re-box an old kit if it was close to their own kit quality. Looks like I was wrong.

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Hi Tommy I have acquired Two Su for this thread I'm hoping to get them both done. First is the Mini art SU85
The other is the Tamiya SU 122
They will both be in Russian WW2 mode poss ,with crew ( nor sure yet ) I may ask Monica for some advice on Russian tanks as I know little on either
I await the flag drop on the start

Kind regards

Robert

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

T

tommy1drop

Hi Robert excellent choices mate, glad to have you along, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with them;)

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
You're going to love me Tommy! I've changed my mind yet again, sorry mate...At £20.00, I couldn't say no.

Something different from the normal Russian stuff. The crafty Russians put their own turret on the hull of captured German Armour....Ruski Stug!

P1180217.JPG

Looking forward to the start.

Ron

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
lie the pick Ron,one that I have always looked over,should be a good build,;)

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
I'm undecided which SU to do ( Miniart SU 85 or the Dragon SU100. I think the 100 would be better as it's got metal barrel included in the kit.
The Mini art 85 though is just begging to be opened.
I have a wedding to go to this weekend and a mini break so I may take the SU 85 with me and some bits and bibs to keep me occupied in the evenings ( but will not start till 01/08/17

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    39.6 KB · Views: 2
T

tommy1drop

Decisions, decisions Robert:rolleyes: they are both nice kits, which ever you decide to build mate, I'm looking forward to following the build:smiling3:

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Late to the party again, but I've just ordered this from John. :smiling3:

Screenshot_20170828-140728.png

After my current build which has been going on for 3 months now (but almost finished) I fancied something a bit simpler to build. :D