Well it had to happen sooner or later

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Well that's my modelling put to a stand still for a few weeks
I've had to pack all my gear away in boxes and store in the garage and loft ( boohoo)
We are having the electrician in this weekend and he's going yo totally rewire the house.
We have been hankering to get it done for years but the time/ illness etc but SWMBO has said now it's the time.
Luckily I get to remodel my room when it's all complete.

Regards

Robert

P

Polux

A break always help to return recharged of energy!!
Take those days to think about your room and the new future builds ;)

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
ive had similar for the last nine months.....been going up the wall with boredom, not being able to bodge plastic.....hopefullt i can see the light at the end of the tunnel and can get back to it full swing soon

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Thanks guys
We spoke about getting the house rewired for ages and I suppose safety is the biggest thing on our list. Our electrician says it needed doing and we are at the bare legal limit on some of the wiring ( ???? ) but he knows whats what and well the house is old ( 1922 ) we moved in in 2005 ) built when there was a colliery here in Larkhall Apparently the houses in our street were rewired in the latter part of the 70s so it's the old type of 2 coloured wires red/black.
We had a new fuse box installed a few months back with trio switches ( modern tech ) but now it's the turn of the house.
Good job not decorated yet this year eh
My lovely wife had made a start on boxing up my model room while I was at work ( aghhhhh)
Well I have reorganised that and put things in the correct boxes
I like to be organised so all my Vallejo/ model air paints in one box, Tamiya in seperate box ( she had just started mixing them all up ) aghhhh
Well final boxes in garage now 25 boxes ( big ) and my workbench has been dismantled.
While the electricians in I'm going to ask him to put some day light wall spots in so come the winter I can still get some spare time modelling.
Alison has said well when it comes to putting the room back we could possibly put some floating shelves in to put all your displays on
Still thinking where the hell IM going to put my train morter and carriage when I build it.
So in the end this could be a good time seeing as it's all packed away to decorate the room once finished, swap my airbrush for a roller and tin of dulux

Roebrt

Peej

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
All this packing up of model gear must have affected your fingers....... you've spelt your name wrong!!!

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
At least you have an excuse for not putting in bench time;):rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 3568

I know how you feel mate I get very little modelling time now (I used to get a couple of hours every day) now I'm lucky if I get that a week (and I can only see it getting worse) keep your chin up mate.