Wessex Heli. Revell 1/48

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
You've made some great progress Laurie and sorted out those fuselage seems. Do you just paint on the Mr Surfacer with a brush? and then what grit paper did you use? I've got the flex-i-files and will be using them for the first time on the Mig3 fuselage.

Vaughan

T

tecdes

\ said:
You've made some great progress Laurie and sorted out those fuselage seems. Do you just paint on the Mr Surfacer with a brush? and then what grit paper did you use? I've got the flex-i-files and will be using them for the first time on the Mig3 fuselage. Vaughan
Hi Vaughan. Yes I use an old flat brush about 1/8 inches wide. Also has short hairs if you have one that is clogged up a bit at the stock as the Mr Surfacer 500 is much thicker than paint & needs dragging. Goes off quickly. Put on as thick as you need & then put on more coats on the areas which need more covering & repeat as necessary. Nice thing is that it sticks to the surface & stays there even with rough sanding. Also allows with care grooving back lost panel lines.

Yes flexi files are great but I keep moving backwards & forwards & at angles to avoid digging in. Did not use them on the Wessex as the shape did not allow. I use the most rough to get a reasonable shape then work down. Also use Albion Abrasives foam back sanding blocks, John does most of their products, they come in about 5 grits. You can wrap these around & they perfect for rounded surfaces.

Just a warning do not use Mr Surfacer over paint it seems to have a rogue asset as a good paint remover. Brushes rinse immediately in cellulose thinners.

Laurie

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking good Laurie.

Ian M