Westland/Sikorski Wessex Helicopter Finished.

T

tecdes

Sikorski muddled with Westland in Royal Navy Livery.

Very nice model to build. Pity Revell did not take the trouble to Westland-it.

Goes nicely together no major snags. Very fragile rotor centre snapped a couple of the joints holding the rotors. Good old C/A.

Major success for me only snapped off 2 pieces. But then waited until the last moment possible to fit all the bits.

Amazing the size. That is a Mosquito in the background which looks a bit dwarfed. Feel free to give criticism.

Laurie

View attachment 45275View attachment 45276View attachment 45277View attachment 45278View attachment 45279View attachment 45280View attachment 45281View attachment 45282

View attachment 48373

View attachment 48374

View attachment 48375

View attachment 48376

View attachment 48377

View attachment 48378

View attachment 48379

View attachment 48380

8.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
That's a really nice clean build Laurie. You've managed to get the droop on the rotor blades just right. Well done.

Vaughan

M

mobear

that looks wonderful laurie,love the window cleaner to lol

mobear

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That looks very good indeed. I could end up buying one myself. (even if it is a cross-breed).

That paint is as good as it can be and the decal work 100%. A very nice build indeed.

Five stars well earned.

Ian M

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Very nice Laurie, I didn't realise how big it was !

D

dubster72

Excellent stuff Laurie! The paint looks really crisp & the decals look painted on!

Cheers

Patrick

First Name
Aaron
Nice stuff Laurie.

Fantastic job on those decals and the paint looks smooth and clean.

Top quality work.

C

CDW

Now that is a nice looking "Westorsky".....very crisp and well painted.

I'm considering building helicopters again, they were my main modeling passion when i was younger.

This sort of result makes me more and more tempted ...... you get ***** from me Laurie

T

tecdes

Thanks men for your replies much appreciated.

Ole that is not a window cleaner ! That is one of the RAF highly trained ladder climbers. PS he is also trained in workshop tidying ??? Got his phone number if you want it !

Ian Patrick & Aaron. I was surprised how good the decals are for this model. There are a lot of contours to negotiate but most of the time I got it but there are a few bits which could have been better. Problem is I teeter on the edge of fiddling to improve yet experience has taught me leave well alone or make it worse. The whites are not so good as the under colour tends to grin thro. But those are minor crits.

Basically this is the most enjoyable model I have built so far. I suppose for the fact it is a helicopter. Also had a lot of things attached to the body which makes it fun. Well done Revell despite being rumbled on the Sirkoski element, naughty but forgivable.

Laurie