Roman

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice I have the classic Airframes one in the stash that was a give away from a shop i frequent. I will watch with interest and se if I can pull myself together for a 1/72 scale.

Ian M

B

Buttonman

Hi Roman Nice plane bro do't think i could build 1\72nd scale but know you will pull it off as per usual.

SAy hi to your wife and little man.

Martin

T

TonyBv9

Such a graceful plane. I remember making one when I was little. I'm looking forward to your build Roman.

Tony

M

mobear

is it ME262 with props?Hmmmmm i wonder,nice all the same

mobear

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
The Whirlwind, a potentially great warplane which was hindered by the use of unreliable engines. Great topic Roman, I look forward to seeing this one come together. What do you think of the new Airfix molds?

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Beautiful aircraft roman , im sure its going to look great. Joe, this isnt a new mould from airfix but the old original in a new box , i think it dates from the 60's!! It can nevertheless be made into a nice model, cheers tony

V

Vajled

thx guys :smiling3:

Yes, Tony you are right... old airfix in new box, but still oldie but goldie :flattered:

How I can see so far, very nice modul and plastic but little poor with details...

cockpit is empty (beside a pilot), wheel bay also empty... pito tube on the rudder looks like hmmm.. chopped tree branch / limb :smiling3:

And, it's so small, I think fuselage is like some pen

few details to add and will be great kit :smiling3:

Roman

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I thought Airfix would have changed their molds for recessed panel lines etc. I acquired the new box Hurricane Mk1 not long ago, opened it and found that too was the older mold, but it was clean and crisp. Nothing from Airfix in a new box could be worse fitting than that old Spitfire I built!

V

Vajled

I see I wake up many nice memories :smiling3:

Little of scratch build, nothing to mutch but I think cockpit now look mutch better

And just comparation to see how is this big, better to say miniaturistic :smiling3:

Cheers

Roman

Last edited:

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
A classic kit of a real beauty - I would love to see a new mould 32 scale of one of these. No real hope of that though!!

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
This is a bit different for you Roman ! These rather basic kits do present a nice challenge to the builder, so it's going to be interesting to see what you can do with this 'classic' kit.

P

Plastickitbasher

Roman

Whatever the scale you build your work is stunning

V

Vajled

thx guys a lot :smiling3:

here is little progress, all is story is written on the pictures

Cheers

Roman

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
It's amazing what modellers use to enhance kits. We are a resourceful bunch. It's quite hard to explain to the missus why the room is full of 'rubbish' though.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
A great idea Roman will keep it in mind for any air intake/ radiator grill in any of my future builds.

Vaughan

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
This must be close to completion now? Can't wait to see the finished result.