Wet tiger going in to muddy Normandy dio

B

Buttonman

Doing a Engine service and reload dio, just wondered what you all think about using the escape hatch to aid reloading? also do you think it's a bit dark?

First time posting, Please be gentle.

Martin

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Martin.

I does look a bit dark but that might be due to the light being behind it. Maybe it would be better if you took the photos from the side with that nice big window..... lol

It does look pretty good though. As for using the escape hatch, I'm not sure but was that not the normal way to get the ammo in? One of the tankers will probably give a more certain reply.

Ian M

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Second set of photos are very good Martin. The Weathering is very realistic. A good job. Looking forward to seeing the Dio.

Vaughan.

B

Buttonman

The air filters are beeing replaced in the finished Dio...

Thanks Vaughn ;)

D

dubster72

That's a really nice Tiger! Camo is v. good as is the homemade zimmerit. I especially like your wash effect, just right I think. Just watch out for the loaders hatch as that seems to have been missed ( unless it's the photo not showing it too well ), and there I've neatly answered your ammo loading question!

Looking forward to the big cat in its dio!

Patrick

B

Buttonman

Thanks for that Dubster,

don't under stand about loaders hatch? the one on the top? thought it'd be easier using the escape hatch?. On 80th thought does the escape hatch fall off? all the hatches were shut while the weathering and washes were applied

Last edited:
T

treyzx10r

That is a great looking Tiger ,not a Armor builder so I know squat about the hatch. Looking forward to seeing your Dio come together!

P

Polux

Really nice Tiger!!! The weathering is so good.

Looking forward to see the dio.

Polux

P

pneupack

Nice Tiger started one myself but decided to leave it and build a PT Boat have not wheathered it but looks good. Your Tiger looks real class nice job looking forward to the dio as well. How did you do the zimmerit coating and the weathering at the back is real :cool2: after christmas I hope to get back into the Tiger.

Robert

:respect4:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Thanks for that Dubster,don't under stand about loaders hatch? the one on the top? thought it'd be easier using the escape hatch?. On 80th thought does the escape hatch fall off? all the hatches were shut while the weathering and washes were applied
Hi Martin, Merry Christmas....

The escape hatch was actually hinged at the bottom.

I have a thread on here where I made the interior of the Tiger 1. I've had a look at the model too and it would be very awkward to use the escape hatch for loading the ammo as the poor blokes would have to bend or kneel down on the hatch to pass the rounds in, also there are 'bits' in the way in the interior.

The loaders hatch on the turret top is relatively free of clutter inside, and it would be an easy job to just pass the shells down to the loader to stack in the racks.

I have a picture of the rounds being passed through the left hand driver's hatch too, so it would seem any orifice could be used really!!!!!!!!

This is my interpretation of the question, there could well be others who think differently mind......

Cheers,

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Buttonman

Thaks for all the nice comments, they'd use the commanders hatch I expect there is ammo bins on both sides and the floor sometimes, thanks Spanner have been thinking of doin this Dio for years just haven't had the time but after seeing your reloading Dio it lit the fire, so i blamed you when the missus started :smile6:

The zim was plasti something it's like plaster broke an old scalpel tip down to 5mm used the long edge to plaster it on not to thick , then the long edge marks out the virtical lines and then using the 5mm tip gently push it up slightly you'll get used to it after the first hour, oh remember the zim is a bit wider on the turret. Merry christmas evey one.

B

Buttonman

Righto due to the loverly weather had a brainwave, decided to take a few outdoor pics.

One for Mobear

some little tanks

thanks for lookin

Martin

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hey Martin

On your FW thread you said you were taking a few days off to paint the garden furniture LOL. Does SWMBO know about this un scheduled photo call

Steve

B

Buttonman

nope ran out of stain varnish .:guilty:

Cheers for reminding me, still got housework to do that'll keep me busy :shhhh::please: (NOT)

back soon

Martin