What colour is this

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
My next build is a desert scheme hurricane but my instructions are for a standard one so I need to know what colour this is

View attachment 89880

Any help is much appreciated:smiling3:
image.jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thanks Ian can I get it as a brush paint ?

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Azure blue is the most likly choice.
I agree because that was the official underside colour for the desert camouflage scheme as required by RAF Middle East Command. This wasn't introduced on the Hurricane production lines until sometime late in 1941. If anyone knows precisely when I've not read about it.

Prior to that date the scheme was applied at various MUs by over painting the Dark Green with Mid Stone and re-painting the under surfaces in a suitable blue. There is evidence that this was by no means always Azure Blue, but this is a can of worms! Sky Blue and Light Mediterranean Blue are both often cited as possibilities.

It's another one of those where without some contrary evidence it is best to go with the officially designated colour, in this case Azure Blue, particularly on a Mk II as above.

Cheers

Steve

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Steve I've got some light blue and have bunged a load of white in it and used that picture as a guide and I've painted a bit of plastic to see what colour it drys out if it don't work I'll get some azure blue from hobbycraft and use that but looking at it its not too far away.

Thanks for the help guys :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
It's blue Alan:smiling3: :smiling3: ;) but to say your colourblind you make some amazing models
Thing is Ian I try to paint all my bills in different shades of pink ! I always wondered why some people like my builds its because I've used the wrong colours :D