What do you buy else where?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Laurie; the shop came after the forum, so its more a forum that is run by a (nice) man that wanted a shop.

Also agree that the shop is a bit low key, but to plaster the forum with adverts? Not Johns style.

You might of noticed in some of the posts when you write eg Vallejo it shows as a link. Have you never wondered where that link goes..... That is smart advertising and very unobtrusive. I think John should get more link words set.

I don't know if its been said before but what about getting some detail sets in. Resin/PE/white metal for the kits that you have. Obviously not for them all, that would cost a fortune. Just enough that you could do that "people that brought this kit also purchased......." and show the extras that can be purchased. I bet you would shift some stuff that way.

Ian M

R

Richy C

Dont know if you can get it John but the green line grass tuffs are fantastic for dio`s or plain bases.

Richy

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
\ said:
You might of noticed in some of the posts when you write eg Vallejo it shows as a link.
Well spotted Ian, but Laurie won't see them neither will anyone else that is active on the forum, like you said "in your face" advertising has never been what I or want the forum to be about, people that contribute to the forum see as little as I'm able to show, I can't stop all the ads showing but try looking at the forum while not logged in and you will see a lot more, oh and Ian I'm not saying you see them because you don't contribute the reason why you see them is because like me you are admin and I need to be able to see them for testing.

But I think Laurie is right I don't think a lot of people know I run the shop as well, I should look in to reminding people a little more subtle

VISIT SCALEMODELSHOP.CO.UK

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
\ said:
John. Are you able to get hold of the Aeromaster, Eaglecals or Techmod decals that have sheets of RAF roundalls, Swastikas etc etc. They could be good sellers too
\ said:
Dont know if you can get it John but the green line grass tuffs are fantastic for dio`s or plain bases.Richy
Added to my list

P

phalinmegob

i have been using tufts of grass from "army painter", sticky backed, take em off the plastic and stick em on your dio, very easy and look great, are these the same type of thing as green line mentioned.

T

tecdes

Youch. I thought you were laid back John.

I like it so here is another

that should do it. Laurie

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Well spotted Ian, but Laurie won't see them neither will anyone else that is active on the forum, like you said "in your face" advertising has never been what I or want the forum to be about, people that contribute to the forum see as little as I'm able to show, I can't stop all the ads showing but try looking at the forum while not logged in and you will see a lot more, oh and Ian I'm not saying you see them because you don't contribute the reason why you see them is because like me you are admin and I need to be able to see them for testing.But I think Laurie is right I don't think a lot of people know I run the shop as well, I should look in to reminding people a little more subtle

LOL! Sorry John I just thought that every one could see the link words. Maybe they should be able to. Passive advertising at its best.

I know what you mean about the ads when not logged in. Adverts all over the place!

Ian M

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I've added Alclad 2 to the site, should be in later this week, I'm going to add more in the new year

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Couldn't wait till the new year, I've got a few that's come in today, the rest will be in tomorrow, 52 in all :smiling3: you can find them all here

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
I will be ordering some stuff of you in the new year get me that Xmas money!!!

Here's another thing I don't know if you could get the small shop hold and fold collection it a company based in america so it's a long shot they do some really nice stuff

Many thanks

Geegad

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
\ said:
John. Are you able to get hold of the Aeromaster, Eaglecals or Techmod decals that have sheets of RAF roundalls, Swastikas etc etc. They could be good sellers too
I've started adding a few Xtradecals 1/48 to start with will add more soon

\ said:
Dont know if you can get it John but the green line grass tuffs are fantastic for dio`s or plain bases.Richy
Not found a supplier for those yet, I've just got in Tamiya grass texture don't know how it compares

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I have just bought my second Trumpeter 32 scale kit (the Avenger) plus some Gunze products, thinner for Mr Dissolved Putty and Mr Cement S.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I was going to start stocking Mr ... but the supplier I get it from seems very inconstant and if I start stocking it I want to keep running out

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I have just ordered 4 x Mrs Cement S and Mr Surfacer 500.

The Mr Cement S came out top in Phil Flory's test and it was up against his usual preference Tamiya Extra Thin. I have been using it for a while but you are right John, MDC who are the importers do run out of stock and the next batch is not due until April so I had to Google to find an retailer with stock and decided to lay in a supply...

Last edited by a moderator:

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
\ said:
I have just ordered 4 x Mrs Cement S and Mr Surfacer 500.The Mr Cement S came out top in Phil Flory's test and it was up against his usual preference Tamiya Extra Thin. I have been using it for a while but you are right John, MDC who are the importers do run out of stock and the next batch is not due until April so I had to Google to find an retailer with stock and decided to lay in a supply...
Sorry to go off point but what do u use mr surface 500 and the rest of this mr stuff many thanks

Geegad

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
\ said:
I have just ordered 4 x Mrs Cement S and Mr Surfacer 500.The Mr Cement S came out top in Phil Flory's test and it was up against his usual preference Tamiya Extra Thin. I have been using it for a while but you are right John, MDC who are the importers do run out of stock and the next batch is not due until April so I had to Google to find an retailer with stock and decided to lay in a supply...
Thanks Barry I will start stocking this stuff as soon as I find a reliable supplier, I've tried ringing MDC no answer so I will send them an email but I can't see on their site anything about supplying the trade.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
John (geegad) - Mr Cement S is very similar to Tamiya Extra Thin cement, but better. Mr Surfacer 500 is a filler, a particularly good one for joints. The only other Gunze (Mr) product I use is Mr Dissolved Putty which is another type of filler particularly good for gaps in difficult places.

Last edited by a moderator:

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
John:

I found that they responded to an email query of mine recently very quickly and I have heard good reports from others.

A

andygh

I like Mr/Gunze products, they're all top quality

My wish list includes a set of micro punches for making rivets etc. Someone, somewhere in the UK must sell them surely :emo10:

T

tecdes

\ said:
John (geegad) - Mr Cement S is very similar to Tamiya Extra Thin cement, but better. Mr Surfacer 500 is a filler, a particularly good one for joints. The only other Gunze (Mr) product I use is Mr Dissolved Putty which is another type of filler particularly good for gaps in difficult places.
Used Tamiya Barry but not Mr.Cement. What did you find was the advantage of Mr Cement over Tamiya. Performance easier to use etc.

Apologies for the side shoot to this article.

Laurie