What flew over your house (yesterday)

beowulf

Styrene Bodger
First Name
Paul
not so much as flew over as drove past!

earlier today we were heading north up the A17 near to Newark and we over took this

i looked it up, its an Avid kit plane

colin m

SMF Poster
First Name
Colin
My first spot of the year. We were out in the garden yesterday (brilliant weather) and something could be heard in the distance, getting slowly closer. Then this appeared (I didn't take the pic)
paver-classic-trust-june-2012-s-500px.jpg

An Avro Anson. Lovely noise

colin m

SMF Poster
First Name
Colin
Well not yesterday, but just now about 1550, Weston, near Stafford, heading west, and nice and low.
Oh yes the aircraft, I'm guessing it was a Strike master, all in grey. An exchange visit maybe ?

Mr Bowcat

SMF Poster
First Name
Bob
I live quite near to RAF Northolt, so often get military aircraft overhead. Most notabe in the past was a string of 5 or 6 Chinooks in line formation, we often see Spitfires, Hurricanes etc just before the Battle of Britain flyover, and best of all was during the 2012 London Olympics when the Typhoons were stationed there. Those things are LOUD!! :smiling3:

T1.jpg

Last edited:

colin m

SMF Poster
First Name
Colin
Fantastic bit of thread redirection but having the wrong camera lens at the wrong time on Saturday produced this photographic masterpiece
Well it was Saturday that Sally B nearly flew over my house. She was actually a bit south of me, but no doubt it was her.

peterairfix

Modeling Mad for it
First Name
peter
No pictures as I wasn't quick enough but I had a flypast of the Lancaster on its way to the Weston super mare air show and on its way back.

Jakko

SMF Poster
First Name
Jakko
Beats the Cessna that flew a few circles more or less over my house today, quite some way below the minimum altitude that AFAIK is allowed.

Bigfoot57

SMF Poster
First Name
Colin

minitnkr

SMF Poster
First Name
Paul
We had the yearly big airshow at Wright/Patterson AFB recently, but the wind has to be just right for approaches to overfly my house, and when they do I'm often too late to get a look let alone a picture. One year in the past the CAF showed up in force and I got a peek at their close formation. It included a B25, P40, Corsair, Hellcat, & a Spitfire in Invasion livery. PaulE