What flew over your house (yesterday)

First Name
Rick
We had the yearly big airshow at Wright/Patterson AFB recently, but the wind has to be just right for approaches to overfly my house, and when they do I'm often too late to get a look let alone a picture. One year in the past the CAF showed up in force and I got a peek at their close formation. It included a B25, P40, Corsair, Hellcat, & a Spitfire in Invasion livery. PaulE
I was on Troy a few months ago and visited the museum at Wright Patterson, awesome museum, really worse a visit.

John

Administrator
Administrator
Not flew over our house but over our caravan, we are at Southport airshow which starts tonight, we getting things flying over, earlier was a Eurofighter Typoon, too fast for me to grab my camera, but these 2 Super Marine Spitifres a Mk.IX and a Mk.Vc just went over

IMGP4891.jpg

John

Administrator
Administrator
Looking forward to the weekends pics John, have a great time.

Steve.
I bet I took 500 pictures last year and only kept a handful, my lens weighs 2.2kg + the camera it’s over 3kg which can end getting quite heavy over the coarse of the day, so a lot of blurry pictures, it’s not the sort of thing I can use a tripod or monopod for

yak face

First Name
tony
Didnt realise it was on this weekend john , isnt it usually sept time? Spot of my own , was out lincolnshire delivering and a F 35 lightning flew over quite low and slow ( was gobsmacked to see one so never even thought of getting my phone out and taking a pic!) probably heading for a landing at coningsby. Theres only four in the UK so i believe( RAF ones )

John

Administrator
Administrator
Didnt realise it was on this weekend john , isnt it usually sept time? Spot of my own , was out lincolnshire delivering and a F 35 lightning flew over quite low and slow ( was gobsmacked to see one so never even thought of getting my phone out and taking a pic!) probably heading for a landing at coningsby. Theres only four in the UK so i believe( RAF ones )
It is usually but something to do with the tides meant they brought it forward.

It would have been nice if they had the F35 here, don’t think that will happen for quite some time

First Name
Rick
Today’s arrivals at Farnborough were an LM-130 J Hercules, a Blenheim and Spitfire - the latter flew right over my house.

DBC3AE45-C9AE-4BAF-85F3-2FFE32CCEB39.jpeg D06B4B2A-6B74-4211-B8C4-B8298BC4B262.jpeg 819DAC9F-EFF9-4E08-B05D-1CAE9B08E372.jpeg

Last edited:
First Name
Jon
Lancaster came over on saturday.Right over head.What a sight and the noise was fantastic.On the way to Southport I think.
Jon.

colin m

SMF Poster
First Name
Colin
Brilliant spot. Yes, I would be a bit more than surprised too.

TonyBv9

SMF Poster
Pretty sure two Apaches just flew over Bromley heading east. Maybe connected with Trump's visit? They were certainly military choppers with ordinance attached to the "wings" or whatever they're called.

TonyBv9

SMF Poster
Not over my house, but over my head as I cycled past Biggin Hill - the two seater Spitfire that lives there.