What flew over your house (yesterday)

First Name
Peter
A day or two ago, a fast twin-boom jet flew over Rugby, heading east. I know it wasn't the Sea Vixen since that's not airworthy at the moment. Possible a Vampire, or Venom? I'm not good at aircraft recognition, but wonder if anyone else saw it?

Pete

John Race

Plastic burner and member of the Rabble
First Name
John
Just heard, due to low cloud the sound of a Eurofighter Typhoon We normally have a great display of two chasing each other. The noise on a full climb or bank is deafening. I'll takes some photos in better weather.
John.

Ian M

GB Mod
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Ian
If you think the Euro fighter is loud you should try 2000 geese all taking off and landing in one go in the field outside the bedroom window. :astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished::tongue-out3::smiling6:

beowulf

Styrene Bodger
First Name
Paul
If you think the Euro fighter is loud you should try 2000 geese all taking off and landing in one go in the field outside the bedroom window. :astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished::tongue-out3::smiling6:
the last airshow i went to at Waddington had a Tiffie take off , hit the 'burner and go straight up at very fast rate of knots.............there was hundreds of car alarms going off in the car park, thanks to the vibrations....but you couldnt hear them til the plane got @ 1000 feet up cos it was so loud

edit*
just found a pic of it......i was stood on the 'start' line (waiting for the Lanc/spit/hurricane that were on next)

Last edited:

Ian M

GB Mod
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Ian
Many years ago Paul, when I was still in England I had the pleasure of seeing a Vulcan fly low and slow down the valley a Brands Hatch. As it came in over the central area, it was nose up and full beans. The ground shook, you chest shook and your ears bled. Never forget that day.

First Name
Al
Not yesterday and not my house. But when i was in work today we had some F-18 aircraft fly over the farm on their way to RAF Lossiemouth. Must be an exercise going on as there were about 10 of them and then a passenger aircraft came along not long afterwards.

I also get to see the Typhoon a lot as our farm is very near to Lossiemouth. Someone said the other day that the Americans are building something on the camp to hold a permanent detachment or something like that

beowulf

Styrene Bodger
First Name
Paul
Many years ago Paul, when I was still in England I had the pleasure of seeing a Vulcan fly low and slow down the valley a Brands Hatch. As it came in over the central area, it was nose up and full beans. The ground shook, you chest shook and your ears bled. Never forget that day.
the week before the last Vulcan was retired from service i was on a gun course at RAF Waddington......it was scheduled to perform at a show that weekend and they took it up in the middle of the week for a sow run through......every person on the station turned out to watch......glorious sound