Which PE bender

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi guys,

I've done a little bit of PE with recent builds, but have a couple of Tiger kits coming up which have full Eduard PE with them. This ranges from tiny little brackets to large fender and mud guard pieces. This therefore give me perfect excuse to buy a bending tool. :D

I'm looking at the Hold & Fold 5 speed as it seems the best bang for the buck, just wondered if anyone had any other recommendations for me?

Cheers,

B

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Hi B
I'm in a simular predict and with me getting my teeth into PE for the should we say earliest of users for my armour builds.
I looked at a few online and they can range from small to large and the prices are equally up there. John at Scale Model Shop has some on order ( I can't remember the exact one but it's around £40 and think this will do majority of PE Fret.
Looks good fir all scales say buckles for 1/35/1/48 upwards and even 1/72.
I have a lot of PE on my upcoming tanks like my tiger 1 and panzer 3 and 4
The list goes on from brackets to boxes.
I bought a pair of crimp style pliers a while a go from hobbycraft but if your not careful you can put too much pressure and damage the Fret ( I'm no expert so I think this new tool will do me a lot of favours

Regards

Robert

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
What is the largest PE you think you will ever need to bend? if you are doing for example ships with long hand rails then you need the length of the 5.5 or 8" but if you are only ever going to bend small pieces then as Robert said SMS002 is the best choice.

I'm waiting for my delivery, they have just sent them for anodising so it shouldn't be long, I would always recommend The Small Shop PE benders over anyone elses, the fact that they are anodised means they take the time to make a good product, it will last you a lifetime.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Ive just bought the 80mm RP toolz one from john and that looks fine for my needs , i wont be bending anything big doing aircraft

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
I thought if I got the 5.5" I would have a tool big enough for anything I build in the future, although the smaller one would do for now.

Buy once, cry once. :smiling3:

Thanks for the input guys.