"Which way did they go, tracker?"

M

mobear

i havent looked at this for awhile,glad i looked now!!!!its brilliant very lifelike you are outdoing everyone on here, the colour is awesome and as for the clear water yum.

mobear

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for your post ole, I'm glad you think the water is 'Yum'! lol

Don't know about outdoing everyone mind...It ain't no competition, we just enjoy our model making for what we, as individuals, get out of it - and put back in - and in no way do any of us on here try to be better than other members of S.M....that is for other forums, not this big happy family......

But I appreciate your comments. Thanks again ole.

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Andy.....we could all do with some desert heat right now!

It's sleet here as I type, but this morning I went up to my sons, which is only 3 miles away (if I could get on my roof I could probably see his house) and the snow is 2 feet deep. Abandoned cars all over the place, trees down, yet here we only have a couple of inches at best..Crazy!

Good to see your ugly mush on here at last!lol

Cheers,

Ron

Dustbin

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Ron,

I have just read through this whole thread and have found it inspiring. This set from Masterbox has so many possibilities, yet yours is outstanding. Does the silicone you are using "set" or does it stay tacky ? I can only offer one or two suggestions !

Would the "army" horse(s) have a branding mark on their rear end ? Can you paint some gloss splashes around the waterfalls and some white froth/bubbles and can we have some piccies of the overall dio please ?

I'll shut up now and let the "Master" decide !

Paul

J

Jim Scott

It looks outstanding Ron, you have truly captured that western feel.

Jim

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Hi Ron, I have just read through this whole thread and have found it inspiring. This set from Masterbox has so many possibilities, yet yours is outstanding. Does the silicone you are using "set" or does it stay tacky ? I can only offer one or two suggestions !

Would the "army" horse(s) have a branding mark on their rear end ? Can you paint some gloss splashes around the waterfalls and some white froth/bubbles and can we have some piccies of the overall dio please ?

I'll shut up now and let the "Master" decide !

.....................................................................................................................................................

The Master? nah.....Thanks Paul, good and valid suggestions.....I've done the white foam and highlighted the splashes when I was having an earlier Boddingtons moment, but thanks for the idea, non the less.

The brand markings is a cracker and something I would never have thought of, consider it done......Any idea whether the Apache horse would have one?.....If not...Calling Colin!!!!!!

I've just realised...i didn't answer your silicone question.....It's the stuff you use around wash hand basins ect., it dries to a sort of rubbery consistancy.

Thanks again,

Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Jim, get on your horse and drink your milk - John Wayne 1964

C

CDW

It's your choice about the branding for Germolinos horse Ron.

In this period of time for your diorama his horse "could" have come from some military ranch or something, quite a lot of horses couldn't (or didn't want to) be broken by "whitemans" methods and they let the Native Americans have them to "whisper" ... these would have been branded when they arrived at the ranch.

If Germolino used his own horse that he "broke" in the plains then no branding would be on it, he would just have his personal blanket and maybe some identifying beads on the bridle.

Bit of history....

The spanish brought the horses over in the mid 1500's and the native americans called them "sacred dogs" as they were a wonderfull creature that could carry/pull much more than their working dogs.

They didn't start riding and using them fully untill the 1700's, when there were wild herds roaming around after some of the original spanish ones escaped and started to breed in the wild, in the late 1600's when the Pueblo forced the spanish back into mexico the spanish left a lot of horses in the revolt and these were taken in and used to raise huge herds that were traded with other tribes.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Colin, I'm learning so much about this subject since I started the dio.....

Right or wrong, the brand is going on the hind quarters of the cavalry horse and none on the Apache's mount. Also, I've just remembered the white good luck 'pom pom' for the horses tail!

Paul, thanks again for the suggestion.....

Cheers boys,

Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
OK., I've finally finished this Diorama. It's been good fun with some new elements for me to have a go at.

I've just realised, there is no 'Completed' section for dioramas......Any chance we can have one John?

That way the build and the finished dio. can be kept separate.

Cheers,

Ron

View attachment 62039

Which way tracker. 155.jpg

C

CDW

looks good from the little snippet you've given us ......

I'm driving to the midlands and back tomorrow so i'll just have to wait untill tuesday to see it ... c'est la vie.