Who did Airfix 1/72 Buceneer?

T

T. van Vuuren

Hi all.

I recall someone here who did an Airfix "re-box/re-tooled" 1/72 Airfix Bucceneer (the 1 with the SAAF decals) some time ago.

Can anyone please point me to that post ? I would like some opinions about this kit.

I do know there might be some fit issues and raised lines.

Thanx

Theuns

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi theuns, Colin m was looking for one a while back, but i dont think theres a build on here yet. The last post in his thread was from yourself, linking to a review of the kit ! heres the link to the thread http://www.scale-models.co.uk/general-aircraft-chat/13385-airfix-1-72-hawker-siddeley-buccaneer-s-2b-s-2d-s-mk-50-a.html cheers tony

T

T. van Vuuren

I have been all over the net to get info on this kit and there are some reviews saying it is Ok-ish and others showing the fuse halves rather worped with loads of putty needed, so I am slightly "cofused"

I do not think having to fill and sand on this kit wil be good as the rased lined will be a hassle.

That's why I wnated to chat to someone who actually built the thing.

Thanx

Theuns

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Theuns,

I've just picked one of these up a couple of days ago. It's not even out of the box yet, but If I can help you in any way, let me know.

Colin M........

B

blitzbob

I'm building one, about half way. Trying to get some varnish to go on before I decal.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Which one are you doing Bob ? I need to do the gulf war version to complete my set of three.

Colin M......

T

T. van Vuuren

I looked at a mate's kit yesterday and I think althought it is raised old moulding, the engineering is such that very few pannellines are in the way of joint sanding :smiling3:

It is high on my wishlist now.

Theuns

PS in SAAF sceeme needless to say!

B

blitzbob

I'm doing the blue ark royal, the kit has its falts but still a nice model. it's my first go with an airbrush. i'll post some pics soon.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Theuns, SAAF - of course, quite understandable. And the blue version will look nice Bob, so we're all looking at different versions. I've had a bit of a look at mine and decided on some panel line engraving. Not something I've tried before other than restoring a lost line. Now here's an idea, we three could do a very unofficial group build...................

Colin M.......

T

T. van Vuuren

Sounds like fun, I will get mine within the next month or so. First need to complete this Kfir/Cheetah challange build within the next 3 weeks!

Theuns