Why does it always...

S

snapper41

What's your pet modelling hate? Mine is when I think I've just managed to build a perfect piece of PE origami, and then discover that I've glued it to my fingers...

F

Fenlander

My pet hate, and this happened when finishing the Honda Blackbird, is when you are glueing all the painted and finished bits together, liquid glue runs under you fingers and etches a great big fingerprint into the paint and plastic. This happened on the Honda seat, the last thing to go on. had to wait for it to go off, sand it down and re spray. really bugs me even though it is my fault that it happens.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Pre-spraying a load of bits for a cockpit,engine or similar and then discovering during assembly that I've missed one TINY part. I then have to spray that one little part with all the associated airbrush malarkey.

A close second is,whilst fitting a small,fiddly, final part to a sub_assembly,breaking something else on that assembly. I then have to fix that before standing back to admire a finished bit!

Steve

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Have a look at my cannonen vogel build. You'll see what my pet hate is lol

G

garethm

Gentlemen, it`s a well known fact inspired by Sod. If it is going to cock up it will at the most inoportune moment. This is what modelling is all about, we should encompass and enjoy! ( after a few swear words and throwing something near at hand ) I used to know a guy who had a old Austin Healey 3000 and as he was a qualified mechanic? he did his own servicing. One day he decided to give the squealey a thorough service including dropping the sump and cleaning any sludge from within. He duly undid the 24 bolts on the sump and as he gently lowered the sump he remembered what he had intended to do, drain the oil first, he found a new way and quicker way to drain the oil? Just goes to prove it`s sods law?

Hope the seat works out okay Graham. Gareth.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
!"%^*!!&^$ individual track links!

Gern