Why we love Russia #1

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
this is another great dio,,real like the paint work and weathering on the tank,truck,just right,and top work on the base as well, ;)

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Thank you much.Halftrack is a combination of 3 kits.Heller 2 1/2 ton GMC - Svezda BM8-24 mlrs- Svesda Gaskin 4x4 armored car-Exaust stack and front suspension and various bits from scrap box I know the technocrats will be on the attack but it IS based on something I saw online I believe it was a T3 Russian halftrack only a few protos built.just having fun and it is one of akind.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That truly is fantastic ........... The detail is really First Class. Thanks for sharing it.

Peter

L

Laurie

Well I am not a technocrat nor am I a tanker but to me that looks incredible.

I am convinced that a good model and an interesting and appealing one is the one with great detailing. Yours ? (best put in your first name) has an enormous amount obviously added by yourself.

I love the rifle laying on the tank casing one of your nice touches.

Laurie

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Well I am not a technocrat nor am I a tanker but to me that looks incredible.I am convinced that a good model and an interesting and appealing one is the one with great detailing. Yours ? (best put in your first name) has an enormous amount obviously added by yourself.

I love the rifle laying on the tank casing one of your nice touches.

Laurie
Thank you much! Have built several vehicals that are one of a kind, check out 'What The Hell!? Made from 1/35 Italeri Katusha -1/35 Heller GMC 2 1/2 ton cargo truch-1/48 T34-tracks from Tamaya 1/35 Rommel Halftrack.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Thank you much! Have built several vehicals that are one of a kind, check out 'What The Hell!? Made from 1/35 Italeri Katusha -1/35 Heller GMC 2 1/2 ton cargo truch-1/48 T34-tracks from Tamaya 1/35 Rommel Halftrack.
first name Jim

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
this is another great dio,,real like the paint work and weathering on the tank,truck,just right,and top work on the base as well, ;)
Hi Monica , as far as base work goes ---- soil from sand pit on property as is of a fine grit which makes it easy to work with ----- just mixed with some water and white glue {Elmers Glue } don't know if you guys have that brand-- I think its world wide, has been around for ever it seems. I just mix it to a batter like consistency and spread it about ----- takes at least 24 hrs to dry so it gives you plenty of time to play er I mean work with it. I buy the cheapest picture frames {a dollar or two} and just spread it right over the glass --- once dry it bonds like steel to the glass {amazing} I also used bits of foam HO scale grass and dab it about using same white glue this gives effect of fine scrub very nicely. The rest is just debris from immediate surroundings -- break it up a bit and pluck It about here and there, some small gravel or pebbles also work in nicely. Oh! kitty litter is also a great filler-inner as it is of various sizes, even a pebble can look like a boulder in 1/35 scale. Once all is dry take an earth tone and dry brush lightly around to kind of brig it all together. hope this helps a bit LOVE JIM

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Great thank you so much Jim,can always lean some think new, ;)

and there is always some think we miss when doing,:rolleyes:

C

chris2681

Im completely flabbergasted by the historical inaccuracy of this abomination!!!!!! Its mind boggling!! A U.S truck mixed with a Russian running gear and cold war era gaskin tires!!!! And what the hell is a scrap box?!!!!!! You my good sir should be ashamed!!!!!!! Another "markedly incorrect" offering. Different era, different continent totally appalling!!!! Good day to you sir!!!!!!!!!:eek:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Im completely flabbergasted by the historical inaccuracy of this abomination!!!!!! Its mind boggling!! A U.S truck mixed with a Russian running gear and cold war era gaskin tires!!!! And what the hell is a scrap box?!!!!!! You my good sir should be ashamed!!!!!!! Another "markedly incorrect" offering. Different era, different continent totally appalling!!!! Good day to you sir!!!!!!!!!:eek:
Sigh......... Good Lord..........:oops:

First Name
Aaron
Another very interesting masterpiece. Superb groundwork and beautiful weathering of the vehicles.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Another very interesting masterpiece. Superb groundwork and beautiful weathering of the vehicles.
As always thank you my good friend! Please don't mind the boy, I've given him a good thrashing ! there will be no more of his nonsense! " British Bulldog" rollout soon. All The Best Jim :smiling3:

D

dougie

Fantastic attention to detail in the painting and weathering. It all comes together so well and the mud looks excellent. Great job!

First Name
Aaron
\ said:
As always thank you my good friend! Please don't mind the boy, I've given him a good thrashing ! there will be no more of his nonsense! " British Bulldog" rollout soon. All The Best Jim :smiling3:
The friendly banter between you two is quite refreshing and to be honest rather cute. I wish my son had an interest in our glorious hobby but it's hard to compete with the play box X station thing.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Give him time Aaron, after all Chris is 34 years old and as you can tell is savagely defensive of his old Pop. He didn't take a liking to modeling until his late 20s so I'd imagine you still have plenty of time. just try to show him not just the modeling aspect of things but very importantly an interest in military vehicles in general. I also have another son Brian he's 28 and his interests are fast cars {real ones} and even faster women, so to each his own but try to get him away from the

'slave box" as much as possible! ;)

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Simply brilliant. The dio keeps you looking, searching for the detail, again and again.