Window Tinting

N

noobian

I am building a '69 Nova right now and am thinking of tinting the windows. Has anyone done this before? Any tips? Thanks

T

treyzx10r

Hi Noobian,Tamiya makes a 'clear smoke' in rattle can that works decent. Try it on some scrap first of course.

B

beav1013

if you're using tamiya acrylics through an airbrush, you can try adding black to their gloss clear. I've used that before with good results. add little amounts of black at a time to get the tint where you want it.

just an option to a rattle can if that's not your thing.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
And you dont have to stay with black with Jims idea, it will work with all colours....

Ian M

N

noobian

Great ideas. Might be a dumb question but... Do you tint the inside of the window or the outside?

Last edited:
T

treyzx10r

\ said:
Great ideas. Might be a dumb question but... Do you tint the inside of the window or the outside?
I would recomend doing the inside

T

Tibbs

Found the answer to my question here...... But, as this is the best part of 4 years old, thought i would just check if this was still the chosen method?

Cheers

First Name
Gregg
Try mixing a little colour (acrylic) in the Johnsons 'KLEER' Haven't tried it myself but have heard it works.

Gregg

First Name
Dave
I tried tinting the canopies on my TSR2 with Tamiya clear orange.Unfortunately it dried patchy and not a uniform tint.So I cleaned it off and tried mixing some of the clear orange with a bit of the newer version of Johnsons Klear.Im pleased to say it worked well.