Wingnut Wings Junkers J.1

N

norm

Everything about this project has taken me a long time for some reason, I started it over a year ago, and had to put it aside for a while, but came back and finished it around two months ago, but never got round to put up pics. Let me know what you think!

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I think it's a cracker.

I don't really do WWI but I've read a lot of very good reviews of the Wingnut kits. I'd be interested to hear how you found it to be.

Cheer

Steve

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
FaNTASTIC! I love it norm, its a great looking aircraft. The Wingnut wings kits are supposed to be VERY good arent they? This one certainly looks excellent, and superbly finished by you too. This is a type of biplane i like as well -- no rigging !!! LOL!! 5 star job norm , lets hope the next doesnt keep us waiting so long ! Cheers tony

N

norm

I think I will try to go FINALY finish that easy little 109 that has been dragging on so long no, thanks for the confidence. :P but yes, it was an excellent kit, it was my squirrel-like attention span that got in the way. I have three more of their kits, ought to have a go at those as well. Also, be warned, part fits are very tight on these kits, so be very careful dry-fitting, it may become permanent.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A very nice build there Norm!

I must admit to having a soft spot for the German WWI Paint jobs. It's like free choice of colour was much the order of the day.

Much better for the eye when on a shelf than green, green or green of the Allied WWI birds. Not sure it was a good idea though in real life.

Ian M

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Excellent build Norm love the camo.

Vaughan