Winter Camo Hairspray Technique Experiment

D

dubster72

Hmmm this isn't really a tutorial or a "how to"... more than likely it'll end up a "how not to"!

Here's my Airfix 1/72 Bf 110. A nice little kit, I've done it in a 74/75/76 scheme using Xtracolor enamels.

IMG_20160108_233130.jpg

IMG_20160108_233153.jpg

IMG_20160108_233302.jpg

IMG_20160108_233321.jpg

I'm going to attempt a worn winter camo scheme using the hairspray technique, something I've done before with armour... but never with an aircraft.... God help me!

Hopefully I'll be able to update this tomorrow

Cheers

Patrick

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
lovely looking build,so far,do real like it, ;)

P

Polux

Interesting!! Good luck ;)

My advice is once you "paint" the hairspay lacquer coat, then you paint the model with three different colours (you must do it very quickly). Can use white, aged white and grey white. You will obtain a better tone on the camo.

Once painted add a green grey filter over the entire set.

You can ended it with some touches of oils (not a wash) ;)

F

Fenlander

I like a chap who just dives in at the deep end. Be very interested to see how it works out Patrick.

D

dubster72

\ said:
I like a chap who just dives in at the deep end. Be very interested to see how it works out Patrick.
Actually Graham, I'm having second thoughts about this idea. It's got "disaster" & "shelf of doom" written all over it.

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Actually Graham, I'm having second thoughts about this idea. It's got "disaster" & "shelf of doom" written all over it.
Don't give up before you have started Patrick.

I would really love to see you have a go at the worn winter camo.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
\ said:
so before you commit to doing it to this fine Me110 why dont you practice on some old scrapper first?

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That looks nice Patrick you should have no problems it works just the same on a plane as it does on a tank.