winter days and nights

B

baz

Hello everyone,

what do you get after a lot of long winter days and nights........a big millenium falcon model thats what. Here is my latest build all scratchbuilt a 32 inch diameter falcon up and running in six weeks of dark dismal winter days and nights. Now on display at TRANSPORT MODELS OF PRESTON LANCASHIRE, to whom I owe a big THANK YOU for help, ideas and supplies which make possible most of my models and for thier friendship and support with my model making a great place to find great models. The falcon was built in just over six weeks, though I must admit I have built a similar sized model before so the second one was a bit easier knowing where not to go wrong.

anyway enjoy the images sorry about the old grinning guy holding the model at the model shop...

oooopppsss sorry thats me the old model maker himself. Please feel free with your comments as this will help me in my next models.

regards Barrie ( the old model guy )

View attachment 103151

View attachment 103152

View attachment 103153

View attachment 103154

View attachment 103155

View attachment 103156

DSCF0562.jpg

DSCF0538.jpg

DSCF0545.jpg

DSCF0552.jpg

DSCF0574.jpg

DSCF0578.jpg

T

Tibbs

Thats a fantastic build..... And your way to old to be a model:p

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well what can you say ? Awesome work Barrie all those long winter day's and nights have been well spent

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Awesome work Barry. Scifi isn't my 'thing' but I appreciate a great build when I see one.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Fantastic I think that's the best scratch build ive seen not only is it in scale but everything seems be authentically reproduced top stuff :smiling3:

D

dubster72

Thats class! I don't know how you chaps do all that scratchbuild stuff, I have enough trouble building a normal kit!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks great and very well done,real like the weathering of , :smiling3:

D

dougie

Damn... It's really big and I am doing the DeAugostini one. :eek: it's going in a coffee table diorama I hope to build.

Yours looks great mate, your right to be chuffed with it :cool: excellent build

S

steve scan

Excellent, Transport models eh, that brings back memories.

B

baz

A VERY BIG THANK YOU gentlemen for all your very kind comments, when you have a passion it does show I guess I just love to build models and not just sci fi models I have had a go at other things in the not to distant past here are a few images . Not being able to stop model making keep your eyes on the pages for some other bits and bats coming in a few weeks I hope.

once again this site has shown the kindness and respect for all model making in all its forms site boys KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK,

regards Barrie ( the old model guy )

View attachment 103192

View attachment 103194

View attachment 103196

View attachment 103199

distance shot for scale.jpg

main interior.jpg

pencil and tracks.jpg

castle 2.jpg

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Neatoh!!

Great builds!! :smiling3:

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Superb Job Barry ...........

Is that the biggest you could manage ???? ............. This year start a bit earlier and make a large one this time. :rolleyes:

Peter

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Ah, another SW scratch making wonder Barry, top work mate, as always. Still waiting for you to do the scale Deathstar :D

Si:smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hope it tied up well when Si sees that he'll be sneaking it out the shop under his Jumper...

Great work Baz. Your stuff never fails to amaze me.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great work Baz,it enjoyable to see such nice work, :smiling3:

B

baz

What can I say guys and gals thank you for all your kind comments they keep giving me the inspiration to keep on going on wards and upwards....I am sure I still have a few more models lurking in my head and a giant one may still be let loose on the world .....watch this space.

regards Barrie ( the old guy )