Winter Patrol 1943

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
I just don't know what to say Polux, stunning is just a small word for this build. Love the street signs, very nice touch there bud. The weathering is spot on plus, i'm cold just looking at the photos. All in all, a magnificent build and if i could give you more stars i would but five will have to do.

Have fun, John

N

norm

Brilliant! Two questions though, first is one I've often wondered about, how do you keep the snow in place if there is a draft or a fan on or something? Is there a way to secure it while it still looks loose, or do you just have to keep it behind glass? Second, what has happened to the machinegunner's bi-pod? Were Mg-42's ever used with out them?

P

Plastickitbasher

Stunning simply stunning. can we have some more photos please.

C

Caledonia

Pure genius Sir - 5 Star, wish I could give you more. Cheers Derek

P

Polux

\ said:
Brilliant! Two questions though, first is one I've often wondered about, how do you keep the snow in place if there is a draft or a fan on or something? Is there a way to secure it while it still looks loose, or do you just have to keep it behind glass? Second, what has happened to the machinegunner's bi-pod? Were Mg-42's ever used with out them?
Hi Norm!!

Thank you for the notice!!! I painted it and did not put it ... that memory!!! (see the new pic)

I do not understand your comment exactly (I'm lost in translation). The snow is a bicarbonate with glue. It is quite compact and does not fall or moves. Is desire the correct response Norm, is not the snow ok???

Thanks for your comments!!

Best regards

Polux

View attachment 47167

View attachment 50141

fusil.jpg

P

pneupack

OMG it is beyond excellent I love it great work everything is perfect, the figures look great any tips as I hope to do a small winter Dio soon. A++++ thanks for sharing.

Robert

saguy

A true Leeds Utd fan ............
SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
hi there .polux .. i think everyone here has pretty much said it all .... it is just awesome ......rgds lindsey

P

Polux

Hi mates!

I'm glad if you like the dio!! Thank you very much for the nice comments!!

Regards

Polux

P

Polux

Hi to all!

Well.... I'm quite afraid to publish this story.... but I always like to write some words in my dioramas.

Thanks for reading and remember!!!! Sorry for my mistakes!!!

" I ask myself who was the stupid one who said in the hell it's hot …. I am freezing!! It will be this damned winter or this endless war …. "

The soldier lowered his look towards the gun and seized it with major force.

" I have a bad foreboding today …. " He did a small gesture with the head, being shaken and he was said to itself. " Idiot!! Don'tt be ruined now, you have survived up to the moment and here you are!!.

The ripple and quake of the engine woke it up of his thoughts. Everything seemed in calmness and the night was approaching in this small street. Probably now, with major traffic for the unexpected barrack of control in one of his buildings. Between his crystals the soldier observed his commander being attended of his wounds in the hands. The previous night the tank suffered a breakdown. The crew settled the problem, but during the repair a pipe of warm oil crushed and have hurt the commander.

For an instant he felt a minimal relief when observed the soldiers in the middle of the street with the feet sunk in the snow. At least he was perceiving the heat of the engine in his feet.

" As something this heap of scrap uses … " He thought, and his thoughts were beyond rapidly.

" Made you of fewer Dafne, when I will have returns, you will be in my arms days and entire nights … "

Best regards

Polux

saguy

A true Leeds Utd fan ............
SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
very nicely put Polux ......out of interest ... do u do the dirorama's professionally or just as a hobby ...? kind regards lindsey

P

Polux

\ said:
very nicely put Polux ......out of interest ... do u do the dirorama's professionally or just as a hobby ...? kind regards lindsey
Prefossionally??? Sorry, what???

Thanks for your comment, but this is my second diorama!!!

I hope you could believe me. I have been late a year to built this diorama. During this time I have observed big modellers that are here. I don'tt want to mention names for fear of forgetting someone!! I try to observe and learn of them!!

I hope my words are understood without wrong translations and ideas.

My first diorama was a Land Rover "Pink Panther", (from here comes my nick) with whom I appeared in this forum. Even I remember the nice comments, and also that had to sand the meetings of the plastic!!! There I start!! I have made friends here, I don't want to lose for a simply lie, I'm not professional, and you can not find me in another forum either.

Thanks for your question! Makes my happy!

Regards

Polux

S

Skywatcher

WOW!!!! I could be here all night summing this up but one word will have to do 'FANTASTIC'

P

Polux

\ said:
WOW!!!! I could be here all night summing this up but one word will have to do 'FANTASTIC'
Thank you very much Karl for your nice comment!!

My recommendation is to visit the different threads here (and under construction, planes,....all), there are precious and brilliant models of many people in this forum!!

Regards

Polux

A

aacmckay

Polux! At this point I think you should stop building models.... I mean no one should be that good at it! The ice and snow effects look so real! And this is coming from a Canadian that grew up with 8 months of snow and ice every year! I wish I could paint as good as you.... and now I see this! Great job my friend!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I still think this is one of, it not the best diorama I have seen on here. Take it to that show...

Ian M