Winter Warrior painting

P

Paul P

Hi all. I thought I would paint the figure I sculpted for MMM, ive used an acrylic primer and base coat in black as there are plenty of deep shadows. the face was a bit of a pain to paint because of the face guard, so note to myself next time sculpt the face guard separate, the helmet was base coated in black, I then cut down a flat brush so that I had stumpy bristles and mixed some silver and black and stippled the mix onto the helmet gradually working up to silver, I want to get an old iron look, I then highlighted the rivets and the edges with silver and added some rust colour to some of the joints and the hinges to the cheek guards. The next stage was to pinpoint bits of silver around the helmet and use straight black on the joints and edges of the bands, A bit of old gold was mixed with some burnt umber to get a bronze effect for the decoration and finally some scratches were added using silver and black. Theres still a bit more to do on the face and the helmet, just general touching up but its getting there

DSCF4516.jpg

DSCF4515.jpg

DSCF4520.jpg

]

DSCF4521.jpg

DSCF4521.jpg

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
always nice to see you posting again ,very nice Paul,

1st of glad that you did notice , as to how diacritical it is with the face guard, to paint,had the same thing happen as well,

you have done a great job of him,and how is that for timing as I need to do old iron look on Guitar,chest plate and helm,

I have two thing that I,would like your view on painting is the lite hair and lips,the lips give me the most problem,at time,

so any help would be greatly appreciated, :D

P

Paul P

Cheers Moni, for light hair I start with burnt umber for the base, then a yellow ochre colour gradually going to yellow and final highlights with white added, for lips add a bit of dark brown red to your flesh and highlight by adding some white

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
thank you very much for the help Paul,I see were I do not get it right,with having with a black base the burnt umber,is not real

showing so redo the base coat of the hair is a liter gray then with the burnt umber,will let it show through the other lows,

and highs above it,and lips are shorted as well cheers, :D

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
always so nice to have a chat with you Paul,and to see your work,

and much appreciated help, :D

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice progress on this one Paul,he is looking good so far,and enjoying your work, ;)

D

Deleted member 3568

Superb work Paul (as always) I just look on in wonder.

P

Paul P

cheers guys ill try and remember to take some progress shots and do a bit of an sbs for various bits

D

Deleted member 4539

This is coming real well Paul.

Really like the way you have done the padded jacket.

I Painted one of your sculpts(A Knight and his Lady)but I had a disaster when I moved it to be photographed and dropped it.I nearly cried.It was totally wrecked.Not the first time I have dropped something.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Impressive!!:cool:

P

Paul P

cheers Ralph, not sure if its staying yet so it might be changed

P

Paul P

Cheers Ian, i keep looking at it, i think i have the red stripes a bit too thick, i like the colours just not sure ive got it quite right, or ive got to fade the colours a bit more, it looks like he just bought it from burtons, so a bit more work to do on it