Wirbelwind in hiding 1 72 dio

bazers

SMF Supporter
First Name
barry
Hi guys latest build :disappointed2:not to pleased with Italeri kit, sprockets would not fit track had a lot of work to get them to fit , I thinned the barrels as much as I dare, also turret!
( looks ok in 1 72 scale not to good when enlarged.) don't look to bad now its on a base.
bought two of these to use a a guns but will buy some metal barrels.
roll on my next scratch build .

Attachments

• DSCN6940.JPG
    DSCN6940.JPG
    159 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCN6941.JPG
    DSCN6941.JPG
    173.3 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCN6942.JPG
    DSCN6942.JPG
    153.1 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCN6943.JPG
    DSCN6943.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCN6949.JPG
    DSCN6949.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCN6950.JPG
    DSCN6950.JPG
    167.8 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCN6952.JPG
    DSCN6952.JPG
    198 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCN6953.JPG
    DSCN6953.JPG
    241 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCN6955.JPG
    DSCN6955.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 23

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nothing amiss there Barry. I like the whole set up. Those problems you had don't show up in the build, I'd be pleased with it.:thumb2:
John

Last edited:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Barry...nice.
I like these small scale dios as you can pack them with foliage and trees much easily than 1/35 and larger without the worry of space.

Cheers,
Richard

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Poor kit or not, that's beautiful!
Question: Where did you get the tree?

bazers

SMF Supporter
First Name
barry
Poor kit or not, that's beautiful!
Question: Where did you get the tree?
Thanks Dave .
They are made from seafoam from joefix studios, they are like little trees with no leaves ,just take the size you want spray a couple of coats of hair spray on and sprinkle with fine flock then a couple more coats of hair spray and they are done .So easy .if you look at Photo 2 a little branch on the right front that is as it comes.
Hope that helps.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Great "little" dio Barry, base work is outstanding and the fact that it is 1/72 is even more amazing.
I can only imagine you stepping up to 1/35, though they may be more expensive than the
little guys, just think of all the depth of detail your talents can delve into :thinking: :surprised:

Cheers...Jim

bazers

SMF Supporter
First Name
barry
Great "little" dio Barry, base work is outstanding and the fact that it is 1/72 is even more amazing.
I can only imagine you stepping up to 1/35, though they may be more expensive than the
little guys, just think of all the depth of detail your talents can delve into :thinking::surprised:

Cheers...Jim
O K Jim just for you I will build a 1 / 35 scale next year , can't do it before got a big project on in 1 / 72 scale :rolling: .....and if the 1/ 35 turns out crap I will blame you.:smiling3:.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
O K Jim just for you I will build a 1 / 35 scale next year , can't do it before got a big project on in 1 / 72 scale :rolling: .....and if the 1/ 35 turns out crap I will blame you.:smiling3:.
Sounds good Barry, can't wait to see your next "big" project, another one of your awesome little big guns might I venture?
Will take my chances and except total blame for any 1/35 foul up, but "crap" is simply NOT in your repertoire. :cool:

Jim.

bazers

SMF Supporter
First Name
barry
Sounds good Barry, can't wait to see your next "big" project, another one of your awesome little big guns might I venture?
Will take my chances and except total blame for any 1/35 foul up, but "crap" is simply NOT in your repertoire. :cool:

Jim.
Hi Jim it's not a gun but it's rail related !:rolling:.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Nice clean build. Love the gardening. Well done.
A caution on metal barrels. They make a so-so model look worse. Just like PE, you don't want to have differing levels of precision in your result. That's why sometimes the model piece is better than the PE you just paid big bucks for. It just makes the contrast sharper. Sometimes less is better for the big picture. Just mumbles over first cuppa. PaulE

Last edited:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks Dave .
They are made from seafoam from joefix studios, they are like little trees with no leaves ,just take the size you want spray a couple of coats of hair spray on and sprinkle with fine flock then a couple more coats of hair spray and they are done .So easy .if you look at Photo 2 a little branch on the right front that is as it comes.
Hope that helps.

Thanks Barry. I've had a quick look at the site and they seem to have some good stuff - even if it is described in Dutch I can still look at the pictures! I'll add their address to my list of suppliers.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Very nice indeed Barry. Your dios are mini works of art:thumb2: