WRC New Zealand 2003.."Er, control, we have a problem!"

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I forgot the rules about posting pictures of the box and sprues for the Rally Car G.B., so to play safe,

the model is here in dioramas......

"Rally car ends up in unexpected situation.".....

From your roving reporter:-

Mr. Won Hung Lo, a local resident had a narrow escape when a WRC Peugeot 206 lost control and ended up in his swimming pool....

Mr. Lo was not amused...."Res! I was veelly velly rucky. I had been for a crick shrim before bleckfrast an' 'ad drust gone indoors when I heard a roud brang an' I lan out to find a crah in my prool an' my drecking bloken!"

The car is an Airfix 1/43 Peugeot 206. The decals were awful, hence the watery ending!!

The pool is a poly chicken fillet tray. The walls and decking are a pizza base, scribed as the walls, decking or the paving slabs. The loungers and fence are bits of plastic sheet. The foreground

is drive sweepings......The pool pictures are left-over decals. The pool blue cover thingy is a straw.

One admission which will probably upset the purists...I filled the pool with tap water! The reason? I tried to cut a piece of thin plastic around the car, but gave up after a couple of attempts to get it right.

Rip me into shreads if you want - I'm thick skinned!

View attachment 78634

View attachment 78635

View attachment 78636

View attachment 78638

View attachment 78639

View attachment 78641

View attachment 78642

View attachment 78643

Thanks for looking,

Ron

WRC.......OOPS! 007.jpg

WRC.......OOPS! 003.jpg

WRC.......OOPS! 008.jpg

WRC.......OOPS! 011.jpg

WRC.......OOPS! 010.jpg

WRC.......OOPS! 009.jpg

WRC.......OOPS! 006.jpg

WRC.......OOPS! 012.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I wondered where you had gone Ron, obviously you have been hiding away creating this gem of a build! Superb throughout, the pool looks very realistic and it the theme is something totally unexpected, hope they have some damp start with them.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Glad to see you back Ron , this is great a really original concept very well made and painted I love it :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks chaps, I built the kit and the various 'bits' during the dark evenings when we were away recently......Saved me having to go to a different pub every night too!

I then only had to put the model together when we returned home!

Oh, and it's nice to be back...On the 'catch up threads' road I go!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Beats my rally dio somthing i did'nt think of certently different i like it.Peter t
Thanks Peter. Believe me, if the decals had been better, it would have been just giving it plenty along a dust road or summat like that.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Very nice Ron! Nothing wrong with real water for a change!Patrick
Patrick, thanks for the words of encouragement and the endorsement....I fully expected a tirade of abuse and be hauled off to the nearest oak tree for daring to use liquid that comes from a tap!!!......only joking boys, it's a one off, honest!

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
rip you to shreads?...your kidding?......thats a brill dio! :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
rip you to shreads?...your kidding?......thats a brill dio! :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:
Thanks for the great post Paul......Seems I have got away with it!

P

Polux

Yeah!! Great, you are back Ron!!

Genial and original diorama!!

I see no problem with the water too ;)

Great build

Polux

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
welcome back Ron ,great build i do like it, and for Mr Lo well think he needs a new fence , lucky his ducks were not having a swim :rolleyes:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent stuff matey, its a fantastic scene with great use of materials. Its great to see you back with us mucker, not long now til Cosford!! cheers tony

N

noble

Lovely work as per Ron and nice to hear from you, water is a natural and free product.

scott

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the positive posts folks. I'm glad you like my model.......Also thanks for the nice 'welcome backs!'

I still can't help feeling that the use of 'proper' water for modelling is kind'a cheating a bit, and an easy option. Transportation is a b****r too!!

Ron

First Name
rob
oh pants... ron has beaten me to it! was gonna do my keith moon dio exactly like this. ive been collecting the bits for it too. oh well.. back to the drawing board. brill dio though ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
oh pants... ron has beaten me to it! was gonna do my keith moon dio exactly like this. ive been collecting the bits for it too. oh well.. back to the drawing board. brill dio though ron
Cheers Rob and sorry to spoil your projected build.....perhaps you will get one over on me in the near future, eh?

What's with the Keith Moon bit? I remember seeing him in the 60's, when he was the drummer with The Who, but don't get the swimming pool connection - or am I being thick?!

Ron

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Won Hung Lo but both angry. Superb dio Ron, rock and roll.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
http://rockandrollmyths.wordpress.com/chapter-1-rock-and-roll-behaviour/roll-into-swimming-pool/