Ww1 horror of the trenches

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Looks good Ken, I reckon a lot of earth and mud needs flinging into the air. Perhaps brown the explosion base a bit too.

Worth a try. If it doesn't help, you can always paint over it after!

D

Deleted member 4203

Excellent work Ken. Just one question: How did you get that figure to stay in the air like that?  :D

D

Deleted member 3568

Well i could say It's a special levitation method taught to me by an old swarmi, or I could say it's magnets, or maybe smoke and mirrors, truth is he has a piece of fiber optics up his jacksi 

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all here is another update.

23qxw07.jpg

2qkmlxl.jpg

a1mzw7.jpg

2cff3wl.jpg

D

Deleted member 4203

Excellent stuff Ken, I'm really looking forward to seeing how this looks when it's finished  xD

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all made a start on the next one, this will be set prior to the trenches one so will basically be a muddy field.

k1ula0.jpg

2vv8ggz.jpg

The depression in the middle will be filled with muddy water .

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nice job Ken. I never done it, but do understand how difficult it would be to capture the moment of detonation. Splendid.

S

steve5

only just caught up this ken , just magic , can't wait to see what the second one look's like .

First Name
Stuart
IT looks amazing Ken love the dio think you have done a brilliant job and loving the look of the next one already 

D

Doug Hughes

Incredible stuff, Ken - I love the trench/explosion. Looking forward to seeing more.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well since Mike wants these done for after the Xmas break I thought I better have a go at my worst subject the planes, I've started with the easiest and this will be the crashed one, I've done a mock up of how I visualise it, I've borrowed the the battlefield dio base for this, when I do the Base I'm figuring on doing it in a grassy field or corn field with the Victor flying over.

Did they have parachutes then as if they did maybe I will have the pilot somewhere in it gliding to safety.

54y3wj.jpg

n5g6s3.jpg

awoqxg.jpg

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
Great work ken looking forward to seeing the rest of it. Ken read this as they did use parachutes Hopefully this will help Welcome to Wikipedia, Parachute

Dustbin

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
(unless someone can tell me something is wrong with it)                  Looking great so far but I think your soil clumps are way to big and even looking. Cat litter graded into different sizes and then used randomly would look better. May I ask what the light source is ?  The second dio has all the hallmarks of being as good as the first

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi thanks Paul the light source is an led cupboard light (you know the sort of thing you stick a dark cupboard so you can see) thanks for the input, we don't have a cat but I see what you mean maybe I will make them smaller.