• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That's the problem with setting up a poll Ian, You cant see any more who has voted. This is why I urged people to give a clear indication of there intent to join the build: Add me, count me in. or just good old fashioned yes. They are much easier to work with than Interesting, great idea and Oh I like that idea.

So would the seven people that have voted yes please come forth will their names so Ian (papa) can figure it out. ta very muchly.
Yes I now do see the problem Ian and the tip is taken onboard

D

dubster72

You do have a year Patrick, just like you I've got lots of GB's I want to do so I can fully understand if you pass on it. If I don't get enough I'll just do it as a fantasy build in that section. I just thought it a good idea and others may be interested. Many thanks for your interest anyway mate.

I'm just scared of what Ian or Polux might do to me if I commit & then fail to get involved later on! :eek:

Also, the rivet counter in me would like a few... guidelines (sounds better than rules!) stuff like:
Is there a time line or date involved? Even the Americans couldn't make an atom bomb until 1945.

Has all society broken down, governments replaced with feudal barons?

Hmm you can see I'm not good with this improvisation lark!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Also, the rivet counter in me would like a few... guidelines (sounds better than rules!) stuff like:
Is there a time line or date involved? Even the Americans couldn't make an atom bomb until 1945.
Forgive me if I am well off the target but here goes:
Didn't the Germans have a line on the H-bomb? I'm thinking of Norway and the Heavy water production. Nah.
I think Patrick that The idea is that the Germans did it and Europe was laid to waist. So think Mad Max crossed with WWII crossed with Luftwaffe 49 or what ever its called.

D

dubster72

Forgive me if I am well off the target but here goes:
Didn't the Germans have a line on the H-bomb? I'm thinking of Norway and the Heavy water production. Nah.
I think Patrick that The idea is that the Germans did it and Europe was laid to waist. So think Mad Max crossed with WWII crossed with Luftwaffe 49 or what ever its called.

I'll forgive you Ian, because you are well off target! The German pursuit of 'heavy water' was a complete waste of time. They were never even close to producing an atom bomb. Thankfully, their racial prejudice shot them in the foot because the Nazis deemed physics as a "Jewish science" & most nuclear scientists had left Germany by 1939.

But even if they did have nuclear bombs by say 1944, how many does it take to leave Europe as a wasteland? The USA only managed to make (reputedly) 3 with all their industrial might.

I know I'm over-thinking this, but I can't help it :oops:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I'm just scared of what Ian or Polux might do to me if I commit & then fail to get involved later on! :eek:

Has all society broken down, governments replaced with feudal barons?

Hmm you can see I'm not good with this improvisation lark!
Ok Patrick I was thinking Hitler did make the bomb ( I know he didn't and was nowhere near ) and it was 1945 the end of the war, in more ways than one. So any equipment that was around up until then. So any British, American, German Italian, Russian I'll even allow Japanese. But you need to make a different vehicle using at least two different vehicles/equipment as Ian says Mad Max style. You don't need to add guns or weapons it could just be used to get around. ( that's what I'll be doing ) Because they were there the 262 and Meteor are allowed.

D

dubster72

Ok Patrick I was thinking Hitler did make the bomb ( I know he didn't and was nowhere near ) and it was 1945 the end of the war, in more ways than one. So any equipment that was around up until then. So any British, American, German Italian, Russian I'll even allow Japanese. But you need to make a different vehicle using at least two different vehicles/equipment as Ian says Mad Max style. You don't need to add guns or weapons it could just be used to get around. ( that's what I'll be doing ) Because they were there the 262 and Meteor are allowed.

Ok that seems doable! How about this for a time line :

In 1940 the Germans successfully invade Great Britain.

In early 1941 Germany ratifies & expands its non-agression treaty with the Soviet Union,

On December 8th 1941, Germany declares that Japan is no longer a member of the Tripartite Pact in order to avoid conflict with the Americans after Pearl Harbour.

In February 1942, German espionage agents pass on information about the development of the atom bomb gained from Soviet spies in America. German scientists are immediately set to work on developing a Nazi atomic bomb.

By 1944, America, Germany & Russia all have advanced nuclear programmes in place. Although supposedly at peace with each other, all fear who will be the first to make a viable nuclear weapon.

In January 1945, Hitler strikes Russia with a devastating attack on Moscow, Leningrad & Kiev. Behind the expanding mushroom clouds, the German conventional forces attack deep into Russia.

Forewarned by Soviet Smersh agents & able to flee Moscow from his secure bunker, Stalin orders a counterstrike that leaves Berlin in ruins.

Does that sound like a good starting place? Whoever in the GB could add more to the story in any way they wish according to the build they're doing - it might make it more involving & interesting?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I think you are thinking this out way to much Patrick. Lol.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hmm, that sounds so off the wall I just may have a go at it;)
Ok I'm gonna commit, a year seems plenty of time and the thought of it is so fascinating I feel I must challenge myself to do something off the rails.
I have absolutely no idea what it will be or how it will come to fruition but I'll give er a go, though I may regret it:oops:..........Jim:smiling3:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Ok I'm gonna commit, a year seems plenty of time and the thought of it is so fascinating I feel I must challenge myself to do something off the rails.
I have absolutely no idea what it will be or how it will come to fruition but I'll give er a go, though I may regret it:oops:..........Jim:smiling3:
Thanks for joining in Jim. I really think this is right up your street.

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
I have something pretty odd in mind and it will clear some space.
1. Can you use models already built
2 . Can you cut the crap out of them and add stuff to make it differant ( sci fi ) sort of 1944 sort of
3 . As long as it is WW2 era stuff it's ok

I could eve out do myself on this
A clue Who was the gyro captain in a Mad Max 2 ?

D

dubster72

2 . Can you cut the crap out of them and add stuff to make it differant ( sci fi ) sort of 1944 sort of

Bruce Spence from memory?

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian

Yes as long as its equipment not built after 1945. If it was used in 1945 and before that's fine,
I hope that helps Robert.

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Yes as long as its equipment not built after 1945. If it was used in 1945 and before that's fine,
I hope that helps Robert.

Thanks Ian all the stuff I have in mind is all part of WW2 and was produced during the War years 1939- 1945 ( however think revell or Airfix were not around back then ( hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.