Xf-92a "dart"

G

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy guys and gals,

Well, I am on a roll today, since i start back to work tomorrow after 4 months off due to neck troubles, i have been trying to build a few kits today, this is the second one.

It is a rare, old Hawk model of the Convair XF-92A "Dart" . This is a post wwII aircraft manufactured by the convair corp. If you will look hard, you can see the impact of the german designer Alexander Martin Lippisch, who was well known for his delta wing aircraft. He was also the inventor of the DFS-39, the unpowered glider predecessor of the Me-163 comet.

Now like i said, this was a very old model and it was designed as a desktop model with no wheels and instead had a "base" to display the model on. The decals were in terrible condition and so I replaced the ones I could with identical decals, but the decals for the tail fin couldnt be replaced at this particular time without wasting alot of blank decal paper. So, I will have to print the tail markings for it at a later date when i do another set of custom decals for some other model.

Anyway, here she is, this time, high above my driveway (all of 4 foot above it):

imageproxy.php

imageproxy.php

imageproxy.php

Anyway, thanks for looking, I am off to possibly start yet another model....the third for today.

have a good day,

Greg aka GEEDUBBYA (GW)