Yak 15 (1/72 scale) :- ( now closed please see completed)

First Name
john
Hi everyone saw this in my LMS the other week and thought it would be interesting.it was only £5 so I took it home.to say I was disappointed on inspection of the contents of the box is a massive understatement for a second it nearly went straight in the bin.but one not to give up easily on anything I decided to keep calm and carry on all the main parts are to be sanded down and rescribed it's going to need filler everywhere the office is non existent so will be making a control panel at least and a pilot will be added. I will give it my best shot and try and make something of it but feel I paid £4.50 over the odds for this little box of horrors I know it Halloween soon but I prefer tricks or treats. It's a shame really as this could have been a great little model as they say in the horror movies don't go down there but anyways here goes but please don't expect a miracle as I hate to disappoint more later :eek: Thanks for looking/comments cheers John View attachment 91079

View attachment 91080

View attachment 91081

View attachment 91082

View attachment 91083

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
what a diffidence and unusable little jet, cannot wait to see it finished ;)

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Some of these Eastern express kits can be real old school John , like this one! Its a bit of a relic , looking as if it was tooled 40 years ago and time hasnt been kind to the moulds either. The PM models kit of the same aircraft is a very similar story - basic ,poor fitting , low parts count etc. Its a shame as this little aircraft deserves a decent tooling ,its about time someone gave it a re vamp. The only kit of it thats fairly recent is the Czech Model 1/48 version , and thats hard to come by . Think of it as an exercise in basic modelling skills John rather than a build , and if by chance you make a decent model out of it then thats a bonus!! good luck , I'll be watching, cheers tony

D

dubster72

It's an interesting looking aircraft - I bet you'll make it look better than the kit deserves John!

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Happy Halloween John. It really looks like you got a trick rather than a treat. But I'm sure you can work through this. I'm watching with a sick sence of interest