Yaks Korean war GB - Airfix F86 Sabre " The Huff"

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
Very nicely finished Tony, you need to build my favourite Sabre now, the so called Super Sabre, cannot remember it's number, old age..... :oops:
Cheers Graham , seen as you mention it... DSCN1635 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

this ones been proceeding under the radar , its the excellent monogram 1/48 , I'm hoping to try out a new top secret method for the heat staining ! all will be revealed soon (if it works -- if not ,forget you ever saw this!!!) cheers tony

F

Fenlander

That's the chap. I fell in love with the one they have at The Midlands Air Museum, Coventry Airport and yes, the heat staining comes well up the fuselage. Stunning aircraft.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looks great. I might be tempted to get one myself now I've seen yours.

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
wow and wow again love the metal look and those decals really make it pop especially the dragon top stuff

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Tony, sorry I missed this one mate. Had a look through your build as I really want to get involved in one or two of the group builds this year.

Funnily enough I'm torn between a couple of options for the Korean War and I'll be posting a thread shortly so would like your input, incidentally one of them is academy's 1/48 the huff!

Anyhow this is a real beauty mate I absolutely love it, this scheme is a cracker. Well let's be honest it's got a freeking dragon on it!

Great build

Phil