Discussion in 'July-Dec 2016 SIG: The Mig 21' started by yak face, Jul 24, 2016.
Excellent, a victory for all us hoarders! a Gordon Banks of a save there Tony
A fellow Sheffielder too!
Well saved tony. And the rest of us now have an example for defence when our wives ask why we are keeping all those bits of rubbish.
One mans rubbish is another mans nose ring Dave!
Well after filling and sanding I got a coat of grey on the repair to see how it looked . It needed a bit more sanding then it has had a coat of black. The replacement nose ring was also painted gunmetal and is drying. This build just doesnt seem to want to cross the finish line though , as I was taking off the blu tac masking it pulled off part of the serial number decal! So now ive got this to try and rescue , along with the nosewheel door to re fix , and a new AOA vane to make as ive knocked off the other one!, cheers tony
Actually I think it gives the aircraft a nice worn look Tony Look forward to the finish (if it isn't already, haven't checked the completed builds yet)
Well after a lot of hassle i think i managed to salvage the build . The new nose ring worked perfectly , it was just the spraying and masking that was a bit of a bugger ( again , my fault !) hence me having to repair the serial with tiny strips of decal from the spares box ! anyways heres the finished repair and ill be putting a completed thread on in a while, thanks for following , cheers tony
Separate names with a comma.