Yamaha Virago

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
Tamiya Yamaha Virago 1000cc in 1/12

did this earlier in the year, typical Tamiya, very little drama putting it together

i was given the kit and it came without the 'glass ' sprue or decals so had to improvise the lens for the head light and TSL's.......managed to scrounge the tail light lens from someone who was building a rat bike from this kit and had it surplus

and with a green one i did last year

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Another superb build ....... or two. :thumbsup:

Peter

W

Waffen Bucks

Great stuff. I remember my bro was gonna buy a real one of these about 20 years ago but I think he went for the Kawasaki EN500

M

m1ks

Nice build, I remember the model with the rider and always fancied building that, never got one when they were in the shops and they're quite scarce now.

The one you have there Ojays is the 535, the one modelled is the 1100, they are quite different in shape in addition to other external differences, (Airbox, cast wheels, seat unit and a few others), it was a very popular machine with a very long production run and several variants, from 125cc int eh later years for the UK learner class up to 1100, the 750, looked very like the 1100 and was made for a tax loophole for the US market.

Heres a video review of the 535 I used to have, lovely bikes and an ideal first or back to bikes machine.

[video=youtube;dnGAetL5kj4]