yamaha yzr m1 2013

P

Paulali

another bike project started,i have been fed up waiting for minichamps to release the rossi yamaha yzr m1 from 2013,so i bought a very cheap 2013 yamaha m1 from newray,a very basic model,but only cost me £12.00,i have had to repaint the frame,rear mudguard hugger and paint some fine detail,rivets bolts etc,also they painted the radiators the wrong colour,so i have put that right,as i said the model is very basic,so i am also going to have to add brake and clutch cables,there are none on the model,the exhaust was the wrong colour,so i repainted that,so i then had to get a decal set for it where i repainted the frame and hugger etc,also there were no tyre markings,so again i sourced these decals,the front forks on the model looked awful,so i have ordered from tamiya 2 spare parts bags,so i can add more detailed handlebars and i have also bought a detailed part set for the front forks,further work i have done is painted the rear disc and front discs,basically apart from the fairing,tank and rear cowling,they just painted everything in black gloss,but as i said,a very cheap model,so you really cant expect great detail,pictures will be posted later,i also had to paint the inside of all the body work flat black and i painted the chain

Last edited:

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Looking good........ I do like you bike builds Paulali.

P

Paulali

\ said:
Looking good........ I do like you bike builds Paulali.
Thankyou very much Peter,i find this forum very welcoming,i was and still do from time to time go on a model tractor forum,not very friendly and very clique,not the case on here